logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
parabuild  
#1 Posted : 29 September 2009 11:37:06(UTC)
parabuild

Groups: Member
Man

R. S-S

I must admit to a lack of diligence in my quest. Perhaps I have spent too much time on the hillsides contemplating the stunning views. My lack of local knowledge is a handicap and my walks along the canal have failed to yield any results.  I have therefore employed a different line of thought.

I remember TV programmes from the 50's and one was The Lone Ranger. Tonto was played by Jay Silverheels and he rode a horse called "SCOUT".  Another Silverheels was an Indian SCOUT with the US Army.

Could it be that Old Silverheels is none other than your good self R. S-S ?  I am sure you will understand my logic althought it might be confusing to others.  No doubt you will tell me that I am entirely on the wrong track in which case I must seek the next clue.

David Easton

Edited by user 29 September 2009 11:37:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CllrJonG  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2009 12:18:29(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Hi Parabuild,

I'm aftraid that on this one you may have to dig a bit deeper , so to speak.  :)

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
RockBanker  
#3 Posted : 29 September 2009 13:50:10(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Dig deeper indeed. After literally minutes of research (including fast forwarding through the Da Vinci Code and visiting http://www.newsgarden.org/offcenter/center/createconspiracy.htm ) I would like to offer the following theory about R-SS:

In 1415 on the night after the battle of Agincourt, William Jaudrell, an archer in the army of Henry V spent the night in the Chapel St Leonard, Tramecourt, an outpost of the Priory of Sion. Here he uncovered the Sangreal, which he brought to the Whaley Bridge area.
By the 1740’s agents of the papacy had traced the location of the grail to Whaley Bridge and encouraged Charles Edward Stuart (“Bonny Prince Charlie”) to invade England and recover it. However due the confusion as to whether Whaley Bridge was in fact part of Chapel-En-Le-Frith, his army ended up searching the church of St. Thomas Becket where they were surrounded by the forces of the Duke of Cumberland.
Since then there have been several attempts to recover the Grail, including the “guerilla army” of children trained by Dolores de Bergrin on the Errwood Hall Estate in the C19th, a farcical expedition of Jesuits in a mechanical elephant, surreptitious excavations disguised as an attempt to construct a archery field adjacent to the Cricket Pitch and most topically an attempt by the HPBC to have the land where William Jaudrell settled excavated on the pretext of housing development.
Now, what has this to do with R-SS?
Consider the facts.
*R-SS has a deep interest in local history, and in particular a remarkable collection of local pictures.
*He is keen on asking questions which he pretends to know the answer to, such as “Tommy Dodds Twist” and “The purpose of the round building at the old Wharf Pit”. Maybe he does not really know himself but needs answers to further his research.
*R-SS could stand for “Really Smart Symbologist”, as in the main character in the Da Vinci Code.
Add to this the complimentary ritual pathways of the Roosdyche and the Taxal Wood Path, the demolition of chimneys in Whaley Bridge and the fall of the towers in Nostradamus, the “shop of precious things” that never sells anything, the presence of the “Community of the King Of Love”,  the lambs that graze by the Otter Brook and eat hallucinogenic mushrooms and we have a mystery that could run and run.
Maybe Ron Howard (or perhaps Mark Gattis) can make a film here? That might boost tourism - it worked for Roslin. http://www.stuckonscotland.co.uk/edinburgh/rosslyn-chapel.html

Edited by user 29 September 2009 13:58:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#4 Posted : 29 September 2009 14:51:53(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

RB,

I don’t know what to say except thank you. I think?

R. S-S
RockBanker  
#5 Posted : 29 September 2009 15:08:51(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

How much do you look like this man RSS? http:///yeq5zvy

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#6 Posted : 29 September 2009 15:37:03(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Do you know what RB?

I do not look much like that man at all but spookily I have a photograph of myself sitting at a bus stop out side Bubba Gump’s with Forrest.

I’ll look it out and put it on here as soon as possible.

R. S-S
RockBanker  
#7 Posted : 29 September 2009 16:13:10(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Hmm, not sure that I belive you Tom RSS, especially given your recent postings about Peter the Pelican..    http:///ydvtnt2

Edited by user 29 September 2009 16:15:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockBanker  
#8 Posted : 29 September 2009 16:29:03(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

And could it be that the "Dew Cup" or the "Cup of Waters" mentioned in the link above is in fact the Jug and Spoon?

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#9 Posted : 29 September 2009 17:14:27(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

RB,

You know full well that life is like a box of chocolates.

Peter knows nothing of the Jug and Spoon, he has never visited the Pleasure Ground and he has just read that sentence you have alerted us all to:

“A pelican feeding its chicks with blood picked out of its own self-inflicted wound.”

Now how do you think he feels? How would you feel?

Freemasonry indeed!
The next thing you will be accusing me of being the next High Peal Prospective Conservative Candidate.

Yours,

Andrew.

Sorry.

R. S-S
parabuild  
#10 Posted : 29 September 2009 17:34:46(UTC)
parabuild

Man

Perhaps the horse should be turned upside down !

RockBanker  
#11 Posted : 29 September 2009 17:43:42(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Well, here it starts to get interesting,

Robert Stevenson Smythe is of course the first three names of Baden Powell, founder of the scouts, whose symbol is this

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Scout_logo.svg

Now the symbol of the Priory of Sion, who protect the secret of the Grail, is this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Priory_of_Sion_Logo.png 

Notice any resemblence?

Further, the upside-down horse can be found in the Louvre, which was of course where the story seems to end and begin...

http://strix.org.uk/posts/upside-down-horse-statue

Edited by user 29 September 2009 17:53:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

High Peak Harry  
#12 Posted : 29 September 2009 18:11:20(UTC)
High Peak Harry

RockBanker wrote:

Hmm, not sure that I belive you Tom RSS, especially given your recent postings about Peter the Pelican..    http:///ydvtnt2

Further to your post above and the conspiratorial nature of this and others maybe you would be best to keep this Pelican Brief!
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#13 Posted : 29 September 2009 18:18:34(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

This is very good stuff indeed, RB.

And, of course, you know that I have no idea just what you are talking about.

Scout founders, Priory of Sion, dew cups, a comical statue cast long after the demise of our own Silverheels?

What does it all mean? Well I for one have no idea but I can’t wait for your next instalment.

Tell you what though, RB, I’ll wager that this thread does not get locked because admin will really be in the dark. Possibly not quite as in the dark as Parabuild, but dark enough for them anyway!

What did you make of the rain today? Wet enough?

R. S-S
High Peak Harry  
#14 Posted : 29 September 2009 19:28:55(UTC)
High Peak Harry

It wasn't that wet, it only came half way up Peters back!
parabuild  
#15 Posted : 30 September 2009 08:36:44(UTC)
parabuild

Man

A rare moment of lucidity last night as I sat and thought of Old Silverheels.

If I should take a walk along the canal bank,  I would come to Bridgemont and to the spot where the lift bridge used to be. Passing through the gates and going down the old drive would I am sure take me a little further in my quest.  I still might not see an upside down horse but perhaps I am getting a little warmer R. S-S.  . Maybe if I were to look in Big Meg's Yard I would meet Old Silverheels. I still need another clue !

What ever have they done to the Dower House by the way ?  It looks like a brand new building.

So, only water springs from the Jug and Spoon. I did hope that it might be something stronger.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#16 Posted : 30 September 2009 08:57:58(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Mr. Parabuild,

Not only are you now keeping up. You are setting a great pace. I see you as forging ahead very shortly.

I don’t think anyone actually knows the name of Old Silverheels (and don’t just make one up) but he was the Dowagers horse.

I’ll leave the rest to you, Sir.

R. S-S
RockBanker  
#17 Posted : 30 September 2009 13:09:24(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

R. Stephenson-Smythe wrote:

And, of course, you know that I have no idea just what you are talking about.

To use one of your favourite sayings “Keep up there at the back”.
Inspired by the mystery that you have imbued into several topics including “Tommy Dodd’s Twist” and the “Round Building at Wharf Pit”, I have used the techniques of poor research, false assertion , misrepresentation of historical facts and assigning meaning to co-incidence famously used by a popular author to attempt to propose a hidden agenda behind your postings.
In fact the number of co-incidences that I found with just a few google searches surprised even me.
·         Peter the Pelican – Peter, of course the rock on which the Church is built (Matthew 16:18) and the Pelican, a symbol of the Holy Grail associated with freemasonry and the Knights Templar as noted above.
·         Robert Stephenson Smyth, the forenames of Baden-Powell, founder of the scout movement, and also, perhaps tellingly, a Grand Officer of the Portugese Order of Christ, a Templar organisation.
Great edifices have been built on more slender foundations.
Of course, you could puncture the mystery by simply answering the questions;
·         what is Tommy Dodd’s Twist?
·         what is the purpose of the round building at the Wharf Pit?
and put us out of our misery. Maybe though you do have an agenda for keeping them a secret.
Perhaps, though, a mystery is a good thing. My sister-in-law in Roslin reports a sea change in visitors to their village since the Chapel there featured in the book and film of the “Da Vinci Code”. We have in Whaley Bridge sufficient historical raw materials to create a mystery that, if put into the hands of a competent and well known writer, could attract visitors from far and wide, boost the local economy, protect land from overdevelopment and get the precious things flying out of the Black Sheep (when the butchers is closed).

Edited by user 30 September 2009 13:16:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#18 Posted : 30 September 2009 16:53:30(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Good afternoon to you today RB,

I hope you have had a pleasant day. I most certainly have myself.

I shall have to address your points as you have made them.

First of all there have been two threads introduced about Tommy Dodd’s Twist; I introduced neither.

I posted the picture of the round wall on Wharf Road as a competition in response to our friend George’s competition to win a car. Unlike George my competition carried no prizes and as far as I am aware both competitions are still running. That is unless Frankie has run off with my car which I thought I won fairly and squarely.

Yes I have made it known that I have a pet pelican called Peter. Many others in Whaley Bridge and more so in Horwich End have exotic pets. So I see no harm in that.

My name: Robert Stephenson Smythe and Baden Powell; nothing more than coincidence. Next thing I’ll be accused of having Dinizulu’s wooden beads.

The simple answers to your two questions are:

Tommy Dodd’s Twist? I have never heard of it; although I have heard of Tommy Dodd which as I have said is a Whaley Bridge secret.

The round wall on Wharf Road is the subject of an ongoing competition and until the competition is over I obviously can not go public with the answer. But you do not have long to wait. I can not recall that I have ever mentioned The Wharf Pit at all on this or the last forum.

As for mysteries in Whaley Bridge: the only one I can bring to mind is The Ghost of Shallcross Manor.
Surely this will satisfy your curiosity for the short term.

Have a very nice evening RB.

R. S-S
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#19 Posted : 30 September 2009 17:02:45(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

RB, RB,

News flash old Pal.

Whilst typing my response to you it appears there have been new developments regarding Tommy Dodd.

That character G Jackson has posted on another thread offering to reveal the secret but it is by postal request only.

So you may be in luck on that thread. I’m not too sure about Jackson by the way. I doubt if he is as fine an upstanding member of this community as you and I.
I don’t like his timing either; postal requests only. Aren’t the postmen going on strike shortly?

Well take your chances with him if you must but don’t come crying to me if it all ends in tears.

Once again have a pleasant evening.

R. S-S
RockBanker  
#20 Posted : 30 September 2009 17:04:56(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Hmm..

G Jackson knows the Secret of Tommy Dodd's Twist, and you know the secret of Tommy Dodd.

No wonder conspiracy theories abound.