logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snoopy  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2010 08:05:09(UTC)
snoopy

Groups: Member

Been away until today.

Err I May be missing something but where has Errwood gone, so to speak? Also seems a few more posts with the error that you get when the first post has been deleted? I may have a few run ins with people, but I thought the Errwood site was quiet neat and an asset.

umtali  
#2 Posted : 06 May 2010 17:45:20(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hi Snoopy

My original post was entitled “Joint Venture” as I do not have the local knowledge of Errwood that many members enjoy; it is impossible for me to add original content to the site. My only ability is in transferring the information that is available to the webspace in a style that I hope is both easy to navigate and easy on the eye.

I have asked for assistance with some of the pages – directions on how to get to Errwood for just one example - result – no response. After a while I simply began to think this is not such a good idea forum members do not have the time or inclination to become involved, nor do I have the time to conduct the orchestra and play all the instruments so yesterday I removed the files from the server.

It is a pity in so much that the webspace could have been developed into something much more useful than a few pages about Errwood Hall, but there I go again over estimating members interest - sorry.

Umtali

P.S. I did receive some press cuttings from “Mr parabuild” also typing help from “Mrs Curious” for which I thank them.
G. Jackson  
#3 Posted : 06 May 2010 23:48:08(UTC)
G. Jackson

BEWARE OF DUMMIES SPAT OUT OF PRAMS

Norm  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2010 00:04:27(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Umtali wrote

My original post was entitled “Joint Venture” as I do not have the local knowledge of Errwood that many members enjoy; it is impossible for me to add original content to the site. My only ability is in transferring the information that is available to the webspace in a style that I hope is both easy to navigate and easy on the eye.

I have asked for assistance with some of the pages – directions on how to get to Errwood for just one example - result – no response. After a while I simply began to think this is not such a good idea forum members do not have the time or inclination to become involved, nor do I have the time to conduct the orchestra and play all the instruments so yesterday I removed the files from the server.

It is a pity in so much that the webspace could have been developed into something much more useful than a few pages about Errwood Hall, but there I go again over estimating members interest - sorry.

Umtali

Hi

The people of Whaley have trusted you with the task of creating this website. Members such as Curious and R.S-S have thanked you, R.S-S's post was very touching about losing his friend.

And how have you thanked them? You have plenty of time, they do not, to delete it because they have not been "fast" enough is disgusting. You can never be trusted again. Tonight I have been in conversation with two other forum members, and they feel annoyed and let down. Other people, non forum members are amazed at such an action.

Well folks of Whaley, I guessed** would do this. So have a look at http://www.errwood.host56.com all is not lost.

WE will take it forward.

Edited by user 07 May 2010 00:19:32(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

umtali  
#5 Posted : 07 May 2010 03:06:45(UTC)

And Norm said....

Edited by user 07 May 2010 03:07:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

umtali attached the following image(s):
norm.jpg
umtali  
#6 Posted : 07 May 2010 08:34:23(UTC)

And then he said....

umtali attached the following image(s):
cycic.jpg
G. Jackson  
#7 Posted : 07 May 2010 08:58:56(UTC)
G. Jackson

Watch out Norm. Incoming dummies.

umtali  
#8 Posted : 07 May 2010 09:51:16(UTC)

OK I give up it's bad enough Norm abusing me without you ...

http://www.whaleybridge.net/errwoodhall/

umtali

Norm  
#9 Posted : 07 May 2010 12:13:30(UTC)
Norm

Man

Thank you for restoring it, but can we now progress this without tantrums of removing the site, or pictures of characters where words fail you.

If I had not copied the site and put my post on would you have left the site empty? That is a question that needs answering. "OK I give up" Is this some sort of game? Without me it looks like we would have lost this site! As I said can you be trusted, people had faith in you. Is it right for you to come back on as if nothing as happened? Some threads are now a complete mess with your antics of editing, removing posts or pictures.

I think the organisers of this forum, and members, should have their say whether they want you to continue, I will always be in the wings to pick up the pieces. Please can moderators, members and any interested parties give their views.

G. Jackson  
#10 Posted : 07 May 2010 13:21:44(UTC)
G. Jackson

Every time I put on the forum what I think of**'s behaviour it gets edited out by the censor

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#11 Posted : 09 May 2010 10:02:13(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Norm wrote:

Thank you for restoring it, but can we now progress this without tantrums of removing the site, or pictures of characters where words fail you.

If I had not copied the site and put my post on would you have left the site empty? That is a question that needs answering. "OK I give up" Is this some sort of game? Without me it looks like we would have lost this site! As I said can you be trusted, people had faith in you. Is it right for you to come back on as if nothing as happened? Some threads are now a complete mess with your antics of editing, removing posts or pictures.

I think the organisers of this forum, and members, should have their say whether they want you to continue, I will always be in the wings to pick up the pieces. Please can moderators, members and any interested parties give their views.

First of all it is only fair to state my position with regards to the 2 gentlemen concerned in this matter: Norm and**.

I know Norm very well indeed through work. I have worked for him and know him to be a first class, solid citizen who would go out of his way to help anyone.
I do not know Mr** at all except through this forum.
Oh and I have not the first clue as to who Snoopy is.

Like Norm I was very disappointed when Mr** shut the website. Norm is a computer wizard and has emailed me to say that he is backing up most of the posts so that they are not lost.

I for one have many other things and interests in my life. First of all I have to earn a bob or two to keep the wife in the life style that she is accustomed to. I go out to work every day and although I enjoy local history and reading and taking part in the forum I can only do so when time allows.

Some people seem to have lots of time on their hands, and good for them, but they can not expect the rest of us to drop everything and rush to create a website. Life is just not like that I am afraid.

For instance I would like to undertake 3 historical topics:

1. The building of Fernilee Reservoir.
2. The history of the Botany.
3. The Railway from Whaley Bridge.

But I just have not got enough time and if I had I most certainly would not want it turning into a website and then because I have not done something quick enough for someone’s liking it was then removed.

So Norm has a point here and I am pleased that he is able/capable of looking after a lot of photographs and posts that people have gone to a lot of trouble to share with us.

R. S-S
umtali  
#12 Posted : 09 May 2010 12:50:50(UTC)

Removing the Website certainly raised far more reaction than building it did.
I assure you that it was not removed because of petulance, I felt as I wrote that people did not as you stress have time to partake.

As for Norm I had never heard of him until he decided to launch an attack on my postings, which is still obviously ongoing. I was quit mystified as to why he felt the need to download the website files, when every file on the site is also freely available in the postings. If Norm is a computer wizard he would surely want to do his own thing, the site is about as basic as web design can be. 

And yes I do have time on my hands I retired some time back, but I have no intention of wasting it arguing with Norm or anyone else. I suggest that Norm be appointed Webmaster forthwith the files will remain in place on the sever.
(One exception I will have to remove the counter as it is liked to my personal address).

umtali

Horwich Ender  
#13 Posted : 09 May 2010 15:35:03(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good afternoon R. S-S and**.

Umtali, I have previously stated that I believe you are a breath of fresh air to this forum and I for one feel you are a welcome addition to our membership. You state you did not remove the Errwood Website because of petulance but I do not understand why you had to remove it at all. I think it is an excellent piece of work and I'm delighted it is now available for us all to view and enjoy. I am only sorry that I couldn't help further apart from directing you to the location of the ruins on the Google Earth map.

I do however agree with Well Known Norm that some threads are now a complete mess as posts have been edited or removed after people have responded to them. I would again stress that this course of action should be totally discouraged as in no way does it benefit this forum and makes other contributors comments irrelevant.

R. S-S, could I ask a favour. After you have finished satisfying your wife and you have some time on your hands, please could you put your three photo's in the “ A Bridge Too Far” thread in your Photo Library to ensure they are not lost. I know** has put two of them in the library part of the Errwood website but with** you have no idea how long we will be able to view them. As one of our elder statesmen I know I can rely on you R. S-S.

Norm  
#14 Posted : 09 May 2010 19:16:06(UTC)
Norm

Man

Good evening, R.S-S,** and Horwich Ender, and all.

I think this idea of an ongoing attack on your postings is really a bit much. I only came on because you deleted the website. I too thought the website was good, my pet hate as you know (and I believe HE as well) is this amending of posts later.

My major concern was why you removed the site, and you also fail to answer questions on that subject. I know all the info is on the forum but it would have been a shame for the site to go with all the links etc, that is why I took a copy. Your earlier actions of removing pictures prompted me to take a copy, that is why I did it, and proven to be correct.

I am sorry that you feel that you want me to be Webmaster, but if that is your wish so be it.

Norm

snoopy  
#15 Posted : 10 May 2010 07:33:50(UTC)
snoopy

snoopy wrote:

Been away until today.

Err I May be missing something but where has Errwood gone, so to speak? Also seems a few more posts with the error that you get when the first post has been deleted? I may have a few run ins with people, but I thought the Errwood site was quiet neat and an asset.

Sorry I asked

Oh just noticed.... I will ignore the fact that** edited one of his posts AFTER I  replied so making my post rather strange. I think enough has been said on that subject, so let that be buried.

Edited by user 10 May 2010 08:01:59(UTC)  | Reason: Added the last sentence after reading other threads

umtali  
#16 Posted : 10 May 2010 15:08:31(UTC)

Horwich Ender Said:
“I know** has put two of them in the library part of the Errwood website but with** you have no idea how long we will be able to view them”.

Fear not Horwich Ender I have emailed Trusted IT ro remove my password access from their Forum server.
Safe as houses after that is completed, and of course I cant be placed in the frame for one of Norm's Web space murders.
Incidentally I have placed a nice old map I received today on the site probably my last post.

Cheers
umtali
umtali  
#17 Posted : 10 May 2010 16:44:12(UTC)

P.S. Horwich Ender:

You also said same post-

"I know I can rely on you R. S-S."

He's put the wrong pictures on they are the originals before enhancement.

Cheers

umtali

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#18 Posted : 10 May 2010 18:07:10(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Taxi for**.

R. S-S
umtali  
#19 Posted : 10 May 2010 18:22:25(UTC)

Priceless

I will do it for you.

umtali

umtali  
#20 Posted : 10 May 2010 18:38:38(UTC)

Have also uploaded the correct Hall picture .

Dont dare delete the errors Norm and Horwich Ender will be  furious if you do, (I dont mind if you do though)

umtali

Edited by user 10 May 2010 18:44:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified