logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G. Jackson  
#21 Posted : 15 February 2011 11:09:58(UTC)
G. Jackson

Groups: Member

Now is the worst time for dogs to be on farmland as all the sheep are pregnant. The dogs will chase the sheep who then abort usually ending in the death of both mother and offspring. It is no use dog owners saying "It was only chasing the sheep it never caught them and didn't worry them" No wonder farmers shoot dogs on their land.

Benga  
#22 Posted : 25 February 2011 14:34:29(UTC)

Groups: Guest

RockBanker wrote:
Old Road has been pretty badly splattered a few times in the last couple of weeks as well.

That short chubby guy who lives on old road near the sheps always takes his alsation out late at night and lets it run loose.

G. Jackson  
#23 Posted : 25 February 2011 14:40:23(UTC)
G. Jackson

It's no use complaining on here about some short tubby guy. Why don't you either challenge him or report him

davethescope  
#24 Posted : 25 February 2011 19:00:05(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
G. Jackson wrote:

It's no use complaining on here about some short tubby guy. Why don't you either challenge him or report him

Why shouldn't Brian let his dog run loose? It is under control and it doesn't attack people or kill livestock.
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Darryl  
#25 Posted : 31 March 2011 23:16:15(UTC)
Darryl

We have been working on the football pitch at Horwich Park today and the field was covered in dog **** again, the sad thing is a class from the adjacent primary school had an orienteering lesson which meant locating and identifying things like benches, parts of the fence & trees etc around the field, sadly there were 9 and 10 year old children running around in the stuff, we moved what we could see. However even after we have scooped and placed in the bins provided there are still parts remaining in the soil/grass. I doubt anyone on the forum is responsible but it doesnt look like the situation isgetting any better.

Horwich Ender  
#26 Posted : 02 April 2011 12:15:53(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon Darryl

Cllr Jon The Whaley One has informed us that the new Whaley Bridge Park Warden started working out of the football pavilion on 1st April.

One of the activities of the Park Warden is to “carry out educational activities with target groups on dog fouling, for enforcement by others,” so hopefully the situation may improve.

Darryl  
#27 Posted : 03 April 2011 12:12:48(UTC)
Darryl

Thank you Horwich Ender hopefully things will improve chrs
CllrJonG  
#28 Posted : 03 April 2011 12:40:01(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Hi,

Just to be clear, I didn't say that the Park Warden started working out of the Pavillion on the 1'st April. I said  that my understanding was that the Park warden would start working out of the Pavillion from the 1st April. That is what we were told at the last meeting of the sports association executive committee . A space in the main room of the pavillion has been identified for the warden to work in, but I am not sure if the warden has started yet.

Dog fouling (as is human fouling!) on the football pitches is completely irresponsible. I do believe  there should be no fouling at all allowed in that area, even if it is cleared up by the dog owner. As Darryl says, there is a trace left even after its cleared up, and it's just plain wrong that the kids playing football have to come into contact with it, when it is so easy for the dog owners to ensure their dogs do their fouling elsewhere.

Cheers

Jon.

Edited by user 03 April 2011 12:41:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
Web Watcher  
#29 Posted : 03 April 2011 13:20:59(UTC)
Web Watcher

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm at a bit of a loss why dogs are off the lead on the pitches anyway? Any responsible dog owner would have them on a lead......saying that any responsible dog owner would also clean up after their dog and we konw that is certainly not the case in Whaley Bridge.

Could signs go up around the football pitch area saying that all dogs must be kept on leads?
Fedup  
#30 Posted : 04 April 2011 13:47:16(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If railings were erected around the football pitch with signage making it a dog free zone, you might, and I repeat, might, stop people letting their dogs foul on there. Whether it would be an 100% success is doubtful, as I have seen people exercising their dogs in the toddlers area in the Park - and some of these people are mummies with their toddlers.

Edited by user 04 April 2011 13:48:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lady Madonna  
#31 Posted : 05 April 2011 02:43:10(UTC)
Lady Madonna

Hi Web Watcher,
There are plenty of signs to keep dogs on leads in the countryside/fields & about dog-fouling around the local area but as usual some see fit to ignore them or think it does not apply to their dog!!
We have a rescue dog that is not good with other dogs & who is always on the lead that we walk with abundant supplies of bags however when we encounter dogs off thier leads it would appear to be us that are doing something wrong, when dogs are off the lead you have no control over where they are doing there business. I saw the comment from Backward Walker about the bag & the canal, the amount of bags you see disgarded & knotted along the paths & roads makes you wonder what the owners are thinking.
I don't know what the answer is, there should be more bins available, but perhaps if walking with a pooh bag was a fashion trend more people would want to be seen with one!
Benga  
#32 Posted : 05 April 2011 13:12:26(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Its a disgrace that dogs should be allowed to foul in an area where kids play. The solution is simple........ if a dog is off its lead and out of control in the kids play area in the park or on the football pitch it should be shot in the same way a farmer would shoot a dog worrying his sheep........ Lets hope the new park warden is supplied with a shotgun.

ginger  
#33 Posted : 05 April 2011 20:24:15(UTC)
ginger

no thats so cruel, its not the dogs fault, its the owner.....shoot the owner I say

Fedup  
#34 Posted : 06 April 2011 19:56:43(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Benga wrote:

Its a disgrace that dogs should be allowed to foul in an area where kids play. The solution is simple........ if a dog is off its lead and out of control in the kids  play area in the park or on the football pitch it should be shot in the same way a farmer would shoot a dog worrying his sheep........ Lets hope the new park warden is supplied with a shotgun.

Walked  through the Park today picking up great shards of glass from a broken booze bottle.  Just  think of the damage that could do to any child playing in there.  If  the Park Warden is supplied with a gun, perhaps he could shoot the idiots that deliberately smash bottles and throw the glass all over the paths and grass verges in the Park.

But bless,  it's probably because they have nothing better to do. 

More bins and more signage is a must.

Jack  
#35 Posted : 11 April 2011 14:37:12(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dogs should be allowed to foul where they feel necessary. Its only natural and we still live in a free country

towpath tommy  
#36 Posted : 12 April 2011 00:03:03(UTC)
towpath tommy

Man

Hello everyone.. Jack I think you are quite correct about the dogs they should be allowed to foul where they feel necessary. It is natural and we do still live in a free country... However the LAW in this free country says that Dogs should be kept under control. The law also says that Dog owners should pick up the mess left by their dogs and dispose of it correctly. The dogs are not the problem. I have said all along - FINE THE DOG OWNERS WHO ACT IRRESPONSIBLY - it will soon resolve the problem!
Towpath Tommy ( Dave Peart ) thinks a day without laughter is a day wasted
snoopy  
#37 Posted : 12 April 2011 07:23:39(UTC)
snoopy

Jack

No doubt you relish stories like this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11012044

lexipie  
#38 Posted : 12 April 2011 20:55:05(UTC)
lexipie

I have two dogs, which either me or my husband walk every day, we clean up our dog mess every time, but im fed up of local people and neighbours always accusing us of leaving it! we have even had a neighbour dump dog muck on our door step!!! he claimed we had let our dogs mess outside his door and left it, but anyone with half a brain would realise a small dog cant physically produce muck that big!!!! i agree dog owners should get fined but its not unfair we all get blamed! the same goes for dogs being on leads, our dog is a rescue and hates dogs and men so we have him on a lead but if a uncontrolled dog comes over and causes trouble its always us with the "viscious" little sh*t !!! I have regulary been stopped by the police and asked to show my muck bags which is a good idea but more needs to be done!!!

Regarding shooting dogs on farmers land, why is that acceptable  but  at my old house if the neighbours sheep/cows came into our garden eating our plants and destroying our garden and attacking the dogs/hens shouldnt we be allowed to shoot them? its their responsibility to fence their animals in just as much as it isours  to keep our dogs out!

G. Jackson  
#39 Posted : 12 April 2011 22:13:19(UTC)
G. Jackson

Dear Lexipie,

1. If a policeman stopped me and asked me to show him my "muck bag" I would tell him what Rooney said.

2. You say at your last house the local farmer's sheep and cows invaded your garden and attacked your dogs and hens; I think it is terrible when sheep attack dogs or hens and the farmer should have been prosecuted there is nothing more frightening than to have your dogs chased by rogue sheep is there?

3. If you let your dogs loose on farming land you  deserve to have them shot.

4. If you asked the farmer who was your neighbour to ensure his fences were stock-proof and he ignored this, the next time his animals strayed you would be able to keep them and hold them ransom, eventually selling them. You would of course have to look after them properly whilst they were in your custody.

Edited by user 12 April 2011 22:13:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tyke  
#40 Posted : 13 April 2011 09:59:28(UTC)
tyke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

At this time of year dogs should be kept on leads even on moorland and other rough terrain. The National Trust are asking owners to keep leads to a maximum of 2 metres....Why? Well its the time of year for Ground nesting Birds. Ok your pooch might not want to eat said bird but the disturbance could cause that years brood to fail. So Remember its not just picking up the Muck its about being in proper control of your dog....Everywhere!