logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lord cornflake  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2011 16:32:21(UTC)
lord cornflake

Groups: Member

Just been down Buxton road and an elderley chap warned me not to step in the excretia outside his house.He was not very happy and told me he thinks its happening in the early hours or late at night.I have seen people walking dogs on Buxton road at 5.30 in the morning,theres not many people about so maybe it is then.To finish,I just wonder how it could be stopped if it is that early.

RockBanker  
#2 Posted : 10 February 2011 16:48:27(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Old Road has been pretty badly splattered a few times in the last couple of weeks as well.
Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
lord cornflake  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2011 17:33:47(UTC)
lord cornflake

I'm sick of it,this last pile has appeared since yesterday teatime.It has to be just  a handful of dog owners that are doing it.

Horwich Ender  
#4 Posted : 10 February 2011 17:44:53(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon My Lord.

I think this is a job for Cllr Jon The Whaley One.

CllrJonG has made no secret of how determined he is to stamp out the problem of dog fouling in Whaley Bridge and will go to extreme personal lengths to ensure it is eradicated. He has already performed an undercover stake out operation in the Memorial Park which concluded with an offender being apprehended and hit with a hefty fine.

The fact that the deed is being committed late at night or in the early hours will not deter CllrJonG as he is usually winding his way home from the Goyt Inn at these times after sampling Tony's strong beers.

Lord Cornflake, if you let CllrJonG know exactly where the offences are taking place I am sure he will set up another stake out to ensure the irresponsible dog owners are identified and dealt with appropriately.

PS

Is CllrJonG around at the moment? Questions have been asked on this forum to which he has not replied which is very unusual for him.

lord cornflake  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2011 17:56:12(UTC)
lord cornflake

The area in question is from Horwich end lights to The cock,on both sides of the road.Not a huge stretch of pavement so someone must know who they are.

umtali  
#6 Posted : 11 February 2011 07:26:15(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Horwich Ender wrote:

Good afternoon My Lord.

I think this is a job for Cllr Jon The Whaley One.

How about “soggy” doing a stake out?

umtali  
#7 Posted : 11 February 2011 08:27:01(UTC)

A rough count this morning came up with 12 posts from the complainant concerning this topic. He may well, soon get a request from “Kellogs” to drop his user name, I for sure now have toast for breakfast.

Sunshine and health is usually the preferred sales image for “Kellogs”.

Court action should not be ruled out.
umtali  
#8 Posted : 11 February 2011 12:20:14(UTC)

Furthermore my 2011 “Forum - Spring Tee Shirt” designs are currently in progress and it’s pretty obvious that “soggys” current obsession will not place his on my bestseller list.

Orders for last years range still arrive on my desk from as far a field as Ashton and Glossop Market Hall for the ever-popular 2010 - Snoopy, JonG, and Norm models.

Without a change of image his will never equal their popularity.

Whaley Wanderer  
#9 Posted : 11 February 2011 13:13:11(UTC)
Whaley Wanderer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Report the dog fouling to the council on:

0845 129 77 77 or 01298 28400

They will only investigate if people report ( they'll also clean up) so report every day and hopefully the culprit will be caught.  I believe they will work outside office hours to catch a culprit.

Cannot understand the mentality of people who let their dogs foul for other people to stand in.  If they are not able to pick up poo then they shouldn't have a dog.

lord cornflake  
#10 Posted : 11 February 2011 13:31:52(UTC)
lord cornflake

Umtali must you persist in hijacking posts and going off topic,you really are annoying.If you were a dog I would have you put down.

umtali  
#11 Posted : 11 February 2011 17:41:00(UTC)

Web Watcher  
#12 Posted : 11 February 2011 18:31:28(UTC)
Web Watcher

I take my dogs at approx. 5.45 every morning but I walk towards Tesco so cannot say what other dogs are out and about at that time. I would like to point out that I aways pick up after my two dogs and anyone who sees me out and about will have noticed my little "bags" which I then put in a bin. I write for two reasons - being out at the time where this is happening I am likely to be wrongly accused and secondly I'm sick of inconsiderate dog owners giving me a bad name.

Whoever it is should be ashamed and I hope they are caught and fined as it's simply not acceptable.

Edited by user 12 February 2011 05:32:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Green_Gentleman  
#13 Posted : 11 February 2011 20:41:11(UTC)
Green_Gentleman

Can I also add that it's not just the dog muck on the pavements that are disgusting, but the incompetence of the owners who do have bags, to simply shove them into wall cavitys or toss them into spaces where they think people won't notice.

I don't condone either action, especially dog faeces in open-air, but at least this way it decomposes faster. What's the point of just picking it up in a bag only to throw it away elsewhere where it takes even longer to rot away. With the high probability of children & other animals picking it up in the meantime.

backward walker  
#14 Posted : 12 February 2011 10:36:24(UTC)
backward walker

Man

What I do not understand is why people cannot take their their dog muck home, and I agree with green gentleman over walls and in walls to me it is just one thing only, pure bloody laziness so come on take it home for goodness sake.
Darryl  
#15 Posted : 13 February 2011 10:00:17(UTC)
Darryl

I manage Whaley Bridge FC and we started working/preparing the pitch for yesterdays game and for the fourth consecutive week we had to remove several different separate dog ****s off the playing field, this is happening every week. Not only do seniors play on the pitch but kids/juniors play on Sats & Suns. Quite simply if I see owners not being responsible for there dogs the owners will be returning home wearing it!
lord cornflake  
#16 Posted : 13 February 2011 11:58:12(UTC)
lord cornflake

And well done to the footy team,on beating Chapel in the cup yesterday.

towpath tommy  
#17 Posted : 13 February 2011 14:04:14(UTC)
towpath tommy

Man

Hello everyone.. First of all.. Yes.. well done to the football team! The issue of dog faeces in Whaley bridge (anywhere for that matter) is disgusting - especially on the towpath. My wife stopped a bloke recently and asked him to clear up his dogs mess - he came back to clear it up, said he didnt know the dog had done anything ( so he wasnt supervising - just letting the dog wander behind him) and that my wife should mind her own business! If I had been there at the time he would have been cleaning his dogs business from his person! My wife has seen this person before and could I am sure identify him to the authorities - as he is probably one of the regular offenders. We need someone patrolling and issueing instant fines. There was a waterways magazine recently reporting of a man fined £280 for failing to pick up after his dog ( and incidentally he did pick up apparently when asked to afterwards, but still had to go to court and was fined) We need more bins and more patrols.
Towpath Tommy ( Dave Peart ) thinks a day without laughter is a day wasted
Web Watcher  
#18 Posted : 13 February 2011 17:34:41(UTC)
Web Watcher

The lack of bins does not really help matters and maybe this  has contributed to why people either do not pick up at all after their dog or dump their bags.
I went out with my two on the tow path today (which looked much tidier) but there was so much dog mess between Bridgemont and Furness.  One of mine dropped off so I picked it up in my little bag but didn't come across a bin until and hour later when I walked up my drive.

Perhaps the installation of more bins needs to be considered - it would help address both the litter problem and the dog mess issue I think.
Mrs RockBanker  
#19 Posted : 14 February 2011 18:32:49(UTC)
Mrs RockBanker

Woman

Not now only dog muck causing a problem, but this afternoon I was horrified when I looked out of the window into the field behind our house to see a dog attacking the chickens and geese. In fact the dog actually had one of the geese by the throat and it was only the rapid intervention of one of our neighbours that drove the dog away and saved the goose from severe injury. The dog was accompanied by its owner who was unable to control the animal. I would like to remind all owners that if they take their dogs onto land where there is livestock, then the dogs should be kept on a lead.

davethescope  
#20 Posted : 15 February 2011 07:51:47(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
And the lead should be short enough to prevent the dog from worrying stock, not one of these modern leads-on-reel which allow the dog to roam over an acre or more whist still being "on the lead"

And don't forget: the landowner is entitled to kill a dog which is attacking his animals

Edited by user 15 February 2011 07:54:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.