logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moogie  
#41 Posted : 13 April 2011 10:27:25(UTC)
moogie

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi everyone...

I have a annoying sitch...bit of advise needed...in the field next to me sumone who lives in the vicinity continually lets their 4 dogs of the lead in the feild next to me...the farmer as has signs up since i have lived there....no dogs!!....

I think the field is used for animal feed as only see the falmer few times a year prepping the grass and later in the year cutting and bailing up...

now if 4 dogs are mesing on there continally can this cause any issues...ie with the feed...??...

what would you do ......?..my options are ...have a word with him?......speak to the farmer next time i see him?.....report him to sumone?....

its nothing to do with me really....but i hate to see such a lack of respect when we live in a rural community. and as the lower fields and the tramway are in sneezing distance and could be walked there...

We have dog walkers from anywhere from chinley to whaley using blackbrook foot brige and walking up jane lane......and yes as you can imagine....it can get messy.....bysome lazy dog owners....and day trippers...(who usualy can be seen actualy making the effort to clean....but sadly endy up in our wheely bins... id rather that than a footfull outside the gate!

Edited by user 13 April 2011 10:28:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zephyr4  
#42 Posted : 15 April 2011 19:22:53(UTC)
zephyr4

1. If a policeman stopped me and asked me to show him my "muck bag" I would tell him what Rooney said.

If yo did you would be arrested

2. You say at your last house the local farmer's sheep and cows invaded your garden and attacked your dogs and hens; I think it is terrible when sheep attack dogs or hens and the farmer should have been prosecuted there is nothing more frightening than to have your dogs chased by rogue sheep is there?

A tup will chase and attack any dog

3. If you let your dogs loose on farming land you deserve to have them shot.

Farmers cannot shoot dogs just because they are on the land only if the worry livestock.

Edited by user 15 April 2011 19:24:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Horwich Ender  
#43 Posted : 22 July 2013 19:33:46(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Buxton Advertiser July 18, 2013 wrote:

Town Council seeks volunteer ranger

Whaley Bridge Town Council are considering recruiting a voluntary ranger to combat the issue of dog fouling in the Memorial Park. Speaking at the Mechanics Institute on Thursday, Cllr Ray Wild said: “It's a problem that affects everyone.”

Any volunteers?

My nomination is Chairman Jon the Whaley One.

He's done it before and he can do it again.

Fedup  
#44 Posted : 26 July 2013 20:07:58(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post
Buxton Advertiser July 18, 2013 wrote:

Town Council seeks volunteer ranger

Whaley Bridge Town Council are considering recruiting a voluntary ranger to combat the issue of dog fouling in the Memorial Park. Speaking at the Mechanics Institute on Thursday, Cllr Ray Wild said: “It's a problem that affects everyone.”

Cllr Wild should have a word with the Park Ranger, Paul Evans, who says that dog fouling in the Memorial Park is "minimal".  Perhaps Cllr Wild would like to turn his enthusiastic attention onto the littering problem and anti social behaviour problems which seem to be raising their ugly heads again around the Park and the skate boarding area.  Broken glass, cans, used condoms etc., etc.  Now that is "a problem which affects everyone".  Or perhaps dog walkers are just an easy target compared to facing down a gang of drunken  teenagers at 11.00 at night? 

Edited by user 26 July 2013 20:11:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Whaley Laner  
#45 Posted : 28 July 2013 11:51:32(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I've never had a problem with the teenagers in Whaley Bridge. Whilst I accept a large group of them can be intimidating, when you actually speak to these youngsters I have always found them to be polite, courteous and very respectful. In my experience there isn't a problem with the youth of Whaley Bridge in the park but there is a problem with dog fouling and hounds running free off their leads. The sooner dogs off leads are banned from the memorial park and the football pitches the better.  

Kippax  
#46 Posted : 29 August 2013 11:50:51(UTC)
Kippax

When is the Park Ranger, Paul Evans there? I've not seen him in the park yet! There isn't a problem with the teenagers who congregate in the park and around the skate boarding area. The kids I've encountered have always been very well behaved and a credit to Whaley Bridge. There have been problems with undesirables coming from Chapel and these individuals need to be sorted. Some people don't realise how lucky they are to have the kids who hang out in Whaley. Try living in New Mills, Chapel or Disley and you would know what problem teenagers are. The problem with Whaley Park isn't the kids it's the irresponsible dog owners who use it as a dog toilet.

Horwich Ender  
#47 Posted : 30 January 2014 20:36:23(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good evening.

Could this be the man to solve Whaley's dog fouling problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEDp5gMmSgI

Edited by user 30 January 2014 20:43:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

responsibleowner  
#48 Posted : 04 February 2014 13:38:57(UTC)
responsibleowner

United Kingdom

As dogs and owners are being discussed.Through this forum,I will be interested to hear members views about what I am about to post.I am a 58 yr.old female, who owns a 10yr old small terrier dog. On Monday night about 5pm,I was walking my dog, on his lead, up though the park,passed the skate park, to go over the damn .Just as I passed the skate park,I noticed a man with a Boxer dog off the lead, heading towards me from the reservoir . My dog had a bad experience with a Boxer when younger and has not forgotten the incident. So to avoid a confrontation, I returned back to the skate park, moving away from the path closer to the ramps. I apologise for the long dialogue I recount….. The boxer came hurtling towards us….growling ,jumping around us. I waited a few seconds, then asked the owner to please put his dog on the lead…I stood still, trying to control my terrier, with the Boxer going crazy…..the man made no attempt to produce a lead just kept shouting the dogs name ‘ TJ’….again I told him to lead his dog…He said rudely ‘keep yer hair on’ I replied with ‘I beg your pardon,where do you live? He asked what had that got to do with me,I replied that my husband might like to come and see him being so rude to me….he refused to lead his dog, just stood there watching…..I gave my terrier some free lead to defend himself,.The Boxer withdrew slightly,so I took the opportunity ,to drag my dog away towards the path, hoping to carry on .The Boxer came charging after us, through the posts onto the start of the reservoir path. Again it was in front of us growling and jumping on my dog..I shouted to the man ‘if you can’t control your dog, get it on a lead’ his reply was some mumbled words then I distinctly heard ‘and who controls you’ He turned and walked away from us!!! .I got to the start of the bridge, dragging my dog along,still with the Boxer causing havoc. I admit, I shouted again ‘Come and get your F.dog before I kick it off’ He turned round.. The reply was ‘see what happens to you ,if you do’ He then started making his way towards us telling me stand still ..I replied ‘I was still 5 mins ago at the skate park when all this started and you made no attempt to control your dog’…….he got the dog at last by it’s collar…I remarked I knew the dogs name and would find out where he lived and report him. I got across the bridge, as soon as I could and stopped and sat on a bench. I was physically shaking after the incident. After 10 mins I decided it would be safe to return past the skate park,back down to the park. The man was on the football field,with the Boxer running all over it….probably doing what dogs do and judging this mans character, doubtful that he would clean anything up.I did not want the Boxer to see us going along the path back, so I had to return over the bridge and go a long way home.I am a responsible dog owner..I take small plastic bags out with me and clear up after my dog and in a public place, keep my dog on a lead. I have lived in Whaley Bridge for 33 years.It used to be a nice friendly village…with people like this living here now,those days are long gone.

pensionman  
#49 Posted : 04 February 2014 23:51:30(UTC)
pensionman

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
What a dreadful tale. You should've called the police if you carry a phone.Owner like dog, boxer by name, boxer by nature. You never gain dealing with morons like this who have a blatant disregard & disrespect for his neighbour. Take a phone/camera with you at all times & don't let the experience put off your walk, as no doubt you'll bump into him again but this time acquire evidence to who he is & ask the police to follow up the verbal assault you endured. There aren't an ambundance of boxers in Whaley, so I'm sure this person will be found out & censured & could live in the proximity of the footie pitch. The fouling on the pitch is another disgusting issue- I used to run a big retriever on thee & always cleared any deposits he left. My question to 'responsible' dog-owners, is how they would feel if approached by a Park warden or Community/Police constable, to produce the bag or container they intend to clear up their dogs' mess? I bet the response would be interesting & sense that there is a lot of tutting & nodding by such owners who happily allow their dogs to foul at will as long as it's not on the their doorstep. Sound familiar?
Kippax  
#50 Posted : 05 February 2014 12:04:18(UTC)
Kippax

Originally Posted by: responsibleowner Go to Quoted Post

As dogs and owners are being discussed.Through this forum,I will be interested to hear members views about what I am about to post.I am a 58 yr.old female, who owns a 10yr old small terrier dog. On Monday night about 5pm,I was walking my dog, on his lead, up though the park,passed the skate park, to go over the damn .Just as I passed the skate park,I noticed a man with a Boxer dog off the lead, heading towards me from the reservoir . My dog had a bad experience with a Boxer when younger and has not forgotten the incident. So to avoid a confrontation, I returned back to the skate park, moving away from the path closer to the ramps. I apologise for the long dialogue I recount….. The boxer came hurtling towards us….growling ,jumping around us. I waited a few seconds, then asked the owner to please put his dog on the lead…I stood still, trying to control my terrier, with the Boxer going crazy…..the man made no attempt to produce a lead just kept shouting the dogs name ‘ TJ’….again I told him to lead his dog…He said rudely ‘keep yer hair on’ I replied with ‘I beg your pardon,where do you live? He asked what had that got to do with me,I replied that my husband might like to come and see him being so rude to me….he refused to lead his dog, just stood there watching…..I gave my terrier some free lead to defend himself,.The Boxer withdrew slightly,so I took the opportunity ,to drag my dog away towards the path, hoping to carry on .The Boxer came charging after us, through the posts onto the start of the reservoir path. Again it was in front of us growling and jumping on my dog..I shouted to the man ‘if you can’t control your dog, get it on a lead’ his reply was some mumbled words then I distinctly heard ‘and who controls you’ He turned and walked away from us!!! .I got to the start of the bridge, dragging my dog along,still with the Boxer causing havoc. I admit, I shouted again ‘Come and get your F.dog before I kick it off’ He turned round.. The reply was ‘see what happens to you ,if you do’ He then started making his way towards us telling me stand still ..I replied ‘I was still 5 mins ago at the skate park when all this started and you made no attempt to control your dog’…….he got the dog at last by it’s collar…I remarked I knew the dogs name and would find out where he lived and report him. I got across the bridge, as soon as I could and stopped and sat on a bench. I was physically shaking after the incident. After 10 mins I decided it would be safe to return past the skate park,back down to the park. The man was on the football field,with the Boxer running all over it….probably doing what dogs do and judging this mans character, doubtful that he would clean anything up.I did not want the Boxer to see us going along the path back, so I had to return over the bridge and go a long way home.I am a responsible dog owner..I take small plastic bags out with me and clear up after my dog and in a public place, keep my dog on a lead. I have lived in Whaley Bridge for 33 years.It used to be a nice friendly village…with people like this living here now,those days are long gone.

Another reason why dogs should be kept on leads at all times in the park area. Why are we waiting for a child or dog to be seriously savaged before anything is done? 
Horwich Ender  
#51 Posted : 10 February 2014 20:36:23(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post

Could this be the man to solve Whaley's dog fouling problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEDp5gMmSgI

YouTube have removed the video from their website.

However, it can still be viewed here:

http://on.aol.com/video/police-back-up-called-in-dog-poop-drama-518105003

Jack  
#52 Posted : 17 February 2014 11:46:08(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
those two women would fit in well up jam butty hill............................................