logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarryRudd  
#41 Posted : 19 September 2012 10:20:11(UTC)
BarryRudd

Groups: Member

Yes Snoopy

It will be good to have some news soon.  The very mention of the collection seems for some reason to have had an adverse affect on contributions to the history forum -which has recently been dominated by talk of ponds - it would be good to see it back on track.

I have been told that some of these images can be seen at the public library (for those that are jumping up and down in anticipation) and have in the recent past been available to purchase at Pear Tree print.

Cheers for now

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
Norm  
#42 Posted : 19 September 2012 19:32:46(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Barry

Just a couple of points. Mainly about the duck pond since you brought it up.

May I remind people of the post that started it, nearly two years ago

High Peak Harry wrote:
This little oasis of wildlife has been drained of water. It used to house Water Voles and Kingfishers, alas no more. Can anyone shed any light on this as it is a SSSI and therefore should be protected.

It seems that you and other people seem quite happy about the killing of the animals and the destruction of the pond, and I don't know why. It is not in the history section now by the way. Now what I say now would obviously never happen (but you never know) but if the canal was bought privately and drained would you ignore that. As for the lack of input to the history section, well that is something you may one day find out.

BarryRudd  
#43 Posted : 19 September 2012 22:10:38(UTC)
BarryRudd

Hi Norm

The duck pond issue has aroused strong passions amongst a few forum members but somehow not sufficient passion for someone to  bother their collective ass to ring the owner direct as advised or voice their opinion at the last town council meeting,

I'm just off to Lindisfarne to see the seals and the birdlife ( so you get an idea of my interests)- I should imagine that when the pond was drained the ducks thought "hello-water levels getting a bit low, perhaps we should go to the river next door" ( likewise the dragon and damsel flies).   The pond I understand is in private ownership on private land ( a bit like my pond with its three frog residency) and I do not expect folk to come through my garden gate to check on their welfare.

Yes Norm - I am sure the lack of activity on the history forum will be explained soon and the revelance to this of the "Alan Shaw collection"  and regular posters becoming dumbstruck- we wait with baited breath!

I am sure that the residents who have the best interests of the pond at heart will be reassured that neighbouring towns in the High Peak are taking an interest.

Anyway-I'll be back on Tuesday feel free to debate this amongst yourselves.

Cheers for now

Norm  
#44 Posted : 19 September 2012 22:19:04(UTC)
Norm

Man

BarryRudd wrote:

Hi Norm

The duck pond issue has aroused strong passions amongst a few forum members but somehow not sufficient passion for someone to  bother their collective ass to ring the owner direct as advised or voice their opinion at the last town council meeting,

I'm just off to Lindisfarne to see the seals and the birdlife ( so you get an idea of my interests)- I should imagine that when the pond was drained the ducks thought "hello-water levels getting a bit low, perhaps we should go to the river next door" ( likewise the dragon and damsel flies).   The pond I understand is in private ownership on private land ( a bit like my pond with its three frog residency) and I do not expect folk to come through my garden gate to check on their welfare.

Yes Norm - I am sure the lack of activity on the history forum will be explained soon and the revelance to this of the "Alan Shaw collection"  and regular posters becoming dumbstruck- we wait with baited breath!

I am sure that the residents who have the best interests of the pond at heart will be reassured that neighbouring towns in the High Peak are taking an interest.

Anyway-I'll be back on Tuesday feel free to debate this amongst yourselves.

Cheers for now

Says it all really

BarryRudd  
#45 Posted : 19 September 2012 22:32:28(UTC)
BarryRudd

"Says it all really"

Yes Norm  it does

Cheers

Edited by user 19 September 2012 22:34:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Digger  
#46 Posted : 21 September 2012 00:26:59(UTC)
Digger

BarryRudd wrote:

Yes Snoopy

It will be good to have some news soon. 

Cheers for now

I was under the impression that you were the one who would be providing the "good news" or otherwise,about the collection of pictures? And, that you would be attending the meeting of Trustee's to raise this matter?

It now sounds as though you expect someone else to do it?

If you do intend to go to the meeting and raise the issue about the pictures I sincerely hope it does not take place while you are away!

Regarding your comment about someone contacting the owner of "Taxal Duckpond" to find out what is happening, you stated in a previous thread that you knew some people who had, but have not mentioned what they found out.

There does not seem to be anything positive coming from you regarding either ?

Norm  
#47 Posted : 26 September 2012 22:44:33(UTC)
Norm

Man

Some people might find this post strange, if you do don't worry.

David, sorry about the comment about Moses. I did reply saying that me pushed me when I bent down,

Also I thought it was nice to see him wearing a net on his head to protect him from flies, and I thank whoever looks after him.

JonG thought me saying that should be removed from this forum.  

snoopy  
#48 Posted : 27 September 2012 07:22:48(UTC)
snoopy

My, what did you say about Moses that made JonG remove it?

I see JonG is geting tough at removing posts, unless they criticise Norm of course e.g.**'s posts in the infamous duck pond thread and a certain one in this thread.

(Read this before it goes hurry)

Edited by user 27 September 2012 07:37:33(UTC)  | Reason: Missed a word out

Horwich Ender  
#49 Posted : 27 September 2012 17:58:37(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good afternoon.

Well Known Norm, you are correct, I do find your #47 post strange. Would it be possible to explain?

Snoopy, are you trying to say Chairman Jon's new moderation regime is biased in favour of prospective councillor Rudd when compared to yourself and Well Known Norm?

Norm  
#50 Posted : 27 September 2012 18:07:27(UTC)
Norm

Man

HE

About the four posts that have been deleted.

Post 1 from Snoopy asked for the post from Barry that "said it all" should be removed.

Post 2 from me compared the word ass from Barry's post to a certain animal in Taxal Church grounds.

Post 3 From David said that Moses is not an ass.

Post 4 From me apologised for calling Moses an ass and went on to say he nudged me when I was last there and I thanked the person who looked after him regarding the eye netting.

Those four posts have certainly not been the worse I have seen on this site.

Edited by user 27 September 2012 18:22:40(UTC)  | Reason: Spot of spelling

JonG  
#51 Posted : 27 September 2012 22:43:57(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)

If I see posts on topics which are negative, then they will be removed. Sometimes, as in this case, some posts may follow the deleted post which contain nothing of any value , but which trail back or refer to the posts which may have been removed. In this case I am not going to mess around wasting time stitching stuff tiogether so that it all makes sense, and if the subsequent posts are irrelevent or trivia, they may just get removed.  The posts aren't deleted,just moved elsewhere, so I can get stuff back.

There is another thread on this same subject of the Alan Shaw collection of photos, so I am now locking this thread.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com