logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonG  
#41 Posted : 20 April 2013 23:45:21(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Cleaning cellulose paint graffiti  / tags from stone walls.
We decided to concentrate on the graffiti on the natural coursed stone dam wall. Used electric drills with wire brush attachments and also standard wire brushes. It's hard work getting rid of cellulose paint from stone walls, but we think the remainder will probably weather away now quite quickly and fade. FYI, Electric drills with a wire brush attachment are more effective than brushing, but you need lots of batteries ! Anyone trying this will find that you probably  need to do both and vary the angle of brushing in order to clear as much paint as possible.According to posts on the internet, the quicker you tackle the paint the better, as otherwise it 'seeps' into the stone. 
There is a big difference between before and after, which the camera doesn't quite capture. We managed to do all the seven or so tags on the dam like this. Will go back and chuck some milk on it to promote moss and algea growth.
This was a beautiful view, and even after cleaning, the remains of the tags still spoil it. Why do people do this?
Those who have been up and cleaned the litter, toilet door, 'Goyt Valley' sign and other stuff have done a super job. Many thanks.

Before and After example below.-some cleaned up better than this.

Edited by user 21 April 2013 00:16:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JonG attached the following image(s):
before.jpg
after.jpg
Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
sfmans  
#42 Posted : 21 April 2013 09:01:08(UTC)
sfmans

Groups: Member
Man

Well done to everyone who has taken part in the clean-up, but Whoever it was who attacked the graffiti on Goyts Lane by the niche shrine deserves a particular round of applause - I was down there yesterday afternoon and the wall looks to have been completely cleaned.
NevClarke  
#43 Posted : 21 April 2013 10:53:23(UTC)
NevClarke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Firstly, I would like to echo thanks to everyone who's been down there and/or mobilized support both physical and spiritual.  Great community spirit, which sets up the next request quite nicely. 

Whaley has its own music and arts festival, W3 (Whaley Water Weekend) over the 7, 8 and 9 June and needs stewards and other helpers.  To all you students out there, well anyone really,  it'll look great on your CV.  Whilst we can't offer any all nighters (not speaking for the Fringe there) if you can offer any help over the three days, from a few minutes to the whole weekend we need and will be very glad of your help. 

Please email me at my address below, through the Whaley Bridge Canal Group, (which also needs helpers all year round) whaleybridgecanal@gmail.com or feel free to ring me on (01663) 735 284 or Barry, the Chair, on (01663) 733 003.

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com
Athena  
#44 Posted : 23 April 2013 12:53:15(UTC)
Athena

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I was also at the party. The cretins with the spray cans were well out of order but please don't tar all of us with the same brush.

Ferni  
#45 Posted : 26 April 2013 20:12:49(UTC)
Ferni

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
brief update: I was at the clough this morning and noticed that the authorities have re-instated, and padlocked, a new  wooden barrier across the far end of the clough, near the stream.  It replaces the damaged and discarded  ( in the stream)  one, and is quite substantial.
 Should  this barrier be removed or damaged in the near future - say a Bank Holiday party - then I'm sure the Peak District National Park  Authority will have a justifiable claim for criminal damage.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
thanks 1 user thanked Ferni for this useful post.
Olave on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Wanderer returns  
#46 Posted : 26 May 2013 16:08:49(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Is there any truth in the rumour that there is going to be another rave tonight?
Horwich Ender  
#47 Posted : 13 May 2014 16:36:52(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon.

Police are looking to gather intelligence around illegal raves and residents are being encouraged to report any anti-social behaviour.

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/My-Local-Police/BDivision/BCentralSection/BuxtonRuralEast/News/May-07-Officers-work-to-combat-ASB-and-off-road-vehicles-in-Buxton-Rural-communities-.aspx