logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ferni  
#41 Posted : 25 October 2011 14:31:33(UTC)
Ferni

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

G. Jackson wrote:

I can't see the problem with artics turning round at the traffic lights. The drivers are usually very competent. Also how would the drivers know there was room to turn 1 mile up Long Hill?

hmmmmmm - a rather misguided opinion there if you don't mind me saying.    Performing a u-turn on a traffic-lighted junction and of Horwich End's dimensions  AND in an articulated wagon is a dangerous perception of  an 'ok thing to do..' ... it's not .... it's potentially very dangerous apart from restrictive should a huge vehicle become stuck, break down, collide with a building,  and cause untold grid  lock !

Already an HGV driver has taken out the lights control box and in the same time frame another one has been spotted red-handed. 

IMO, HGV drivers are some of the most lax drivers on our roads. They presume that as  they are 'knights of the road'  that it excuses them adhering to basic common sense and road law - as demonstrated.

As an aside, I've noticed a growing pattern outside the White Horse/junction box ... a pattern of unsightly, discarded chewing gum ( I take it it is gum )  which has suddenly begun to grow from the edge of the pavement out. Maybe the landlord could supply a spittoon or something outside the pub for the collection of such offending material.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
sfmans  
#42 Posted : 25 October 2011 17:33:28(UTC)
sfmans

Man

Ferni wrote:

As an aside, I've noticed a growing pattern outside the White Horse/junction box ... a pattern of unsightly, discarded chewing gum ( I take it it is gum )  which has suddenly begun to grow from the edge of the pavement out. Maybe the landlord could supply a spittoon or something outside the pub for the collection of such offending material.

Maybe they're building a buffer around the traffic lights control box? So that the next 'king of the road' to attempt a U-turn in the middle of the junction bounces off of it rather than flattening it?
Ferni  
#43 Posted : 26 October 2011 06:57:44(UTC)
Ferni

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

sfmans wrote:
maybe they're building a buffer around the traffic lights control box? So that the next 'king of the road' to attempt a U-turn in the middle of the junction bounces off of it rather than flattening it?

- many a true word spoken in jest. Many a 'king' drinks in the Horse too ...

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.