logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davethescope  
#81 Posted : 02 February 2014 15:43:54(UTC)
davethescope

Groups: Member
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Whaley Laner Go to Quoted Post
I.It would appear the forum member who has the username BarryRudd no longer uses it but prefers to post under one of his other multiple pseudonyms .

That can't be true since it is a breach of this forum rule and his account would have been deleted
  • Users and User names :
Users must only have one username on the forum. Users should not create user names which are similar or could be mistaken for existing ones. User names must be at least 4 characters long.  Abuse of these rules will result in immediate deletion of the users account.

Edited by user 02 February 2014 15:44:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Kippax  
#82 Posted : 05 February 2014 12:15:10(UTC)
Kippax

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Matthew Hopkins Go to Quoted Post
Good evening,  My wife and I were looking at the phone box on Sunday after we had enjoyed a coffee in Pear Tree café.  We have noticed how all BT boxes are decaying and have not seen a paint brush for many years.  Recently whilst in London we noticed how well maintained those in the city were and how many tourists were having a photo taken alongside them.  The corner of the station car park certainly looks a lot better and in keeping with a conservation area than it did a year ago.  We are both looking forward to seeing the work of art placed on the rear.  Incidentally the metal plaque which I am assuming is the one referred to is now mounted on the station entrance.  Matt

So Barry Rudd - the person in charge of the red telephone box scheme - was behind this post

Whats happened to the seat that was supposed to be installed?  
davethescope  
#83 Posted : 23 February 2014 09:19:16(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

I think that the Council should invest in one of these before next winter
davethescope attached the following image(s):
pHONEbOXcOVER.jpg
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Kippax  
#84 Posted : 25 March 2014 11:08:47(UTC)
Kippax

Originally Posted by: Kippax Go to Quoted Post
Good evening,  My wife and I were looking at the phone box on Sunday after we had enjoyed a coffee in Pear Tree café.  We have noticed how all BT boxes are decaying and have not seen a paint brush for many years.  Recently whilst in London we noticed how well maintained those in the city were and how many tourists were having a photo taken alongside them.  The corner of the station car park certainly looks a lot better and in keeping with a conservation area than it did a year ago.  We are both looking forward to seeing the work of art placed on the rear.  Incidentally the metal plaque which I am assuming is the one referred to is now mounted on the station entrance.  Matt

So Barry Rudd - the person in charge of the red telephone box scheme - was behind this post

I know I asked this question over a month ago but I didn't receive an answer. I think the question is a valid one so I will ask again - Whats happened to the seat? 
Kippax  
#85 Posted : 26 April 2014 10:56:00(UTC)
Kippax

What's happened to the seat? It's all gone very quiet.
Whaley Laner  
#86 Posted : 30 April 2014 09:20:17(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've now been told it's cost around £1000 to put the quirky map on the phone box. Can anyone confirm this is correct and is this sum included or is it in addition to the £6000 we know the red box venture has already cost?

I asked a question about the map on the back of the phone box but it was never answered.

Horwich Ender  
#87 Posted : 03 May 2014 11:42:58(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good afternoon.

It is surprising that even though questions have been asked, the owners of the Red Telephone Box project i.e. prospective Councillor BarryRudd, UnrealCity and Chairman Jon the Whaley One (who are all forum members and have previously contributed to this thread) have not posted on this topic since last year.

Kippax  
#88 Posted : 27 May 2014 10:46:17(UTC)
Kippax

I know I asked this question over a month ago but I didn't receive an answer. I think the question is a valid one so I will ask again - Whats happened to the seat? 

Still no answer about the seat from Barry Rudd Martin Thomas or John Goldfinch. I'm beginning to smell a rat. 
JonG  
#89 Posted : 27 May 2014 13:54:26(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi,
We originally wanted to put a seat with a back in the spot by the telephone box.. However, the back would then conflict with the opening panels of the Network rail panel. We then heard that Network rail were considering replacing the sign with something nicer, and hence there has been a long delay (and communications) while we waited for this to resolve. We have now heard that the signs will not be replaced, which means that a bench without a back is required. A bench identical  to the one just in front of the memorial in the memorial park (but a little shorter)  has been purchased and will be in place shortly. We have another good quality bench which will shortly replace the one in front of the bike shop. 
If you have ideas for regeneration projects that we might carry out this year, please provide them on the thread I set up previously. If you want to get involved as volunteers with Whaley4Wards to define, prioritize and instigate these projects, please come along to the meetings.
Cheers

Jon.

Edited by user 27 May 2014 13:57:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
thanks 1 user thanked JonG for this useful post.
Kippax on 02/06/2014(UTC)
G. Jackson  
#90 Posted : 27 May 2014 14:21:41(UTC)
G. Jackson

Has Nigel Farage won that seat as well!!!!!
Kippax  
#91 Posted : 02 June 2014 12:11:43(UTC)
Kippax

Originally Posted by: JonG Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
We originally wanted to put a seat with a back in the spot by the telephone box.. However, the back would then conflict with the opening panels of the Network rail panel. We then heard that Network rail were considering replacing the sign with something nicer, and hence there has been a long delay (and communications) while we waited for this to resolve. We have now heard that the signs will not be replaced, which means that a bench without a back is required. A bench identical  to the one just in front of the memorial in the memorial park (but a little shorter)  has been purchased and will be in place shortly. We have another good quality bench which will shortly replace the one in front of the bike shop. 
If you have ideas for regeneration projects that we might carry out this year, please provide them on the thread I set up previously. If you want to get involved as volunteers with Whaley4Wards to define, prioritize and instigate these projects, please come along to the meetings.
Cheers
Jon.

Thanks Jon for you reply which explains the reason for the delay in positioning the seat. It's a shame Martin Thomas or Barry Rudd weren't so quick with an answer.

Horwich Ender  
#92 Posted : 07 June 2014 10:24:26(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good morning.

We are aware Cllr Martin Thomas posts under the username “UnrealCity” and although he has made many contributions to this thread, surprisingly he has not posted since 25 November 2013.

The forum member who posts as “BarryRudd” has not posted under this username since he demanded “ Anonymity must end on this forum.”

It appears the username “BarryRudd” is no longer used and it is unlikely this topic will receive a response from this source.

However, I understand Barry Rudd is still a regular visitor to this forum but prefers to post under multiple pseudonyms or communicates via a handful of members who are his loyal followers.

Wanderer returns  
#93 Posted : 07 June 2014 16:30:23(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
You could always pop to the Water Weekend and ask him personally as he seems to be chef, cook and bottle washer of that event.
davethescope  
#94 Posted : 08 June 2014 08:10:30(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Wanderer returns Go to Quoted Post
You could always pop to the Water Weekend and ask him personally as he seems to be chef, cook and bottle washer of that event.

Pig-keeper when I saw him last night :-)
Whaley Laner  
#95 Posted : 10 June 2014 09:38:23(UTC)
Whaley Laner

I've now been told it's cost around £1000 to put the quirky map on the phone box. Can anyone confirm this is correct and is this sum included or is it in addition to the £6000 we know the red box venture has already cost?

I asked a question about the map on the back of the phone box but it was never answered.

Would it be possible for somebody to answer the question I originally asked in February?
John Landis  
#96 Posted : 10 June 2014 21:17:12(UTC)
John Landis

I suggest you email the town clerk or raise it at next town council or Whaley 4wards meeting.
Whaley Laner  
#97 Posted : 13 June 2014 11:59:26(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Originally Posted by: John Landis Go to Quoted Post
I suggest you email the town clerk or raise it at next town council or Whaley 4wards meeting.

Why do you think that's necessary when the individuals who could answer my question regularly visit this forum? Are you suggesting they're deliberately withholding the information and have something to hide?
John Landis  
#98 Posted : 13 June 2014 12:33:29(UTC)
John Landis

Only that you as the public spirited soul that you are can use official channels and report back here.