logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dora Gibson  
#81 Posted : 08 September 2009 23:57:56(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Groups: Member

Well hello, Over-The-Hill, who should do us a favour and move far away with those silly statements. I think you're a cheeky so and so. As for talking about me as if I was a he/she, or what is it that you call them, lady boys? Well like Mr Jackson, you are rude, insincere and just making a mockery of me. Shame on you. As for my style of writing etc., quite often Gibson has his input, but even without that, like my American Grandfather, I have always had a good command of language, plus a philosophical view on most things. I think this is why the Head's wife at Horwich End Primary took such a shine to me and fed me with a multitude of books and magazines. I might be old, but I'm not stupid! How do you fare? Old age doesn't mean I'm not brain dead!

What kind of a nonsensical name is Lord Cornflake for goodness sakes? What I can tell you is that I think I was nearly run over and pushed into a ditch by a wrinkly lunatic on one of those electrical pedalos on Dolly Lane. I nearly had heart failure as he came round the bend and under the railway bridge, clearly out of control and veering all over the place like a drunkard. If it hadn't been for Gibson's quick reaction and strong hands, I'd hate to think what would have happened if I had been on my own. Through this idiot's thoughtless behaviour, I have a bent leg on my zimmer frame - what a stupid man. So, if this was you Mr G. Jackson, that was moronic behaviour! From Mr Jackson's ramblings, I can't imagine that there are two lunatics travelling the district far and wide on their high-powered pedalos, so I have reported the incident to the police.......

I'm was glad when the veg shop (Foys) became a pet shop because I don't have to go far afield for Timmy's treats.

I feel I have more that is of interest and clearly more intelligence than our strange-one, Old & Far Away In The Land of Nod person. You might talk in riddles, but clearly you are talking a whole heap of.............................NONESENSE - stupid boy!
Dora Gibson  
#82 Posted : 09 September 2009 00:01:26(UTC)
Dora Gibson

By-the-way intelligent Oldy, spot the deliberate error, when you have got your careworker to hand!
Frankie  
#83 Posted : 09 September 2009 14:39:13(UTC)
Frankie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The topic of this thread (Another Whaley Shop Closes) has certainly dwindled away.   

Edited by user 09 September 2009 14:41:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jovial Jester  
#84 Posted : 09 September 2009 21:06:55(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hi G Jackson

The shop I remember on Macclesfield Road was a grocery shop.

Do you now if it was connected to the Judith Mary Canal Boat.

J J

G. Jackson  
#85 Posted : 09 September 2009 21:48:35(UTC)
G. Jackson

Dear Jovial Jester,
Don't forget that I've been housebound for quite a number of years until I acquired my electric buggy, how can a canal barge be connected with a shop on Macc. Road ?

P.S. Don't tell Dora but I think it was me that nearly caused the accident in Bugsworth yesterday.
Frankie  
#86 Posted : 10 September 2009 15:48:44(UTC)
Frankie

J J.

I  know you only asked a simple question and yes you do deserve a correct answer. The shop on Lower Macclesfield Road was once a grocery store and yes  there is a connection to the canal barge Judith Mary. Alan who owns the Judith Mary used to run the shop.       

Jovial Jester  
#87 Posted : 11 September 2009 13:55:56(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Thanks Frankie.

J J

Dora Gibson  
#88 Posted : 11 September 2009 21:50:23(UTC)
Dora Gibson

I hate to ask this of Mr G. (is that General) Jackson, because I don't think he is a very nice person. Having said that, I think a lot of the people on this forum are just having a laugh which I think is sad and pathetic and not funny at all. So Mr Jackson, do you remember a shop halfway up Macc Road, which was run by a Mrs Lomas, she sold various pop including my favourite, Dandelion and Burdock? She sold it from a side window of her house in addition to some strange, but yummy sweets which were like a boiled sweet, but set in a cockle shell, which you had to suck the contents from

Anyway Gibson says it's night night for me, so until 2moro......Has anyone got any ideas for a new carer for me?????? Don't tell Gibson!
Web Watcher  
#89 Posted : 13 September 2009 19:02:36(UTC)
Web Watcher

The pet shop closes.....but then opens again next door!!!! So what goes in the pet shop (as twas)? The veg shop? The fish shop? Any offers?
Dora Gibson  
#90 Posted : 14 September 2009 21:41:20(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Let's use the Mechanics Institute for a farmers' market and also for those with allotments. We could change the weekly dates according to the abundance of harvest....? I will not got to any of the supermarkets save for the odd tin of toms. Dora
Arfur Mow  
#91 Posted : 15 September 2009 08:45:21(UTC)
Arfur Mow

Dora, my silver haired sweetheart, don't buy odd tins of toms, buy normal ones. Unless of course they match your personality.
Dora Gibson  
#92 Posted : 16 September 2009 00:17:28(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Dear Half-a-moment, Thank you for your sweet-natured, playfulness which created a wry smile - thank you.