logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Radar  
#1 Posted : 05 February 2010 18:40:13(UTC)
Radar

Groups: Member

What is the problem with the traffic lights at Horwich End?

The timings have obviously been changed to cause as much disruption as possible.

CllrJonG  
#2 Posted : 05 February 2010 18:47:06(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

I've reported it to DCC again.... at about ten to 6 this evening.

"Thank you for your enquiry. The problem will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken.
Please quote the following enquiry no. in any further correspondence on this issue - 281927

For your reference this is what you have told us:
 Traffic light failure at Horwich End, Whaley Bridge At the main crossroads in Whaley Bridge at Horwich end outside the White Horse. The lights appear to have failed for those attempting to come down macclesfield Road towards Whaley Bridge. Has the timing been changed or is there a fault?

You can check the current status of your enquiry via the DCC website at http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/roads_traffic/road_fault/track_your_enquiry/default.asp
Just enter the enquiry no. that you receive with this acknowledgement.

"

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
nce  
#3 Posted : 05 February 2010 19:00:33(UTC)
nce

If you need the problem quantifying, at 6pm it took the whole of Van Halen's first album to get from Walker Brow to The White Lion. That is 35 mins 26 secs. The lights allow only three cars through from Macc Road.
Devious  
#4 Posted : 05 February 2010 19:09:21(UTC)
Devious

I got behind the queue just outside Kettleshulme. Turned round and went by kishfield like many others. Then got in another queue half way down Whaley lane.

Devious. 

Over the hill but not far away  
#5 Posted : 05 February 2010 19:15:57(UTC)
Over the hill but not far away

I got though the first three tracks of Muse's latest album -top of Macc Rd to White Horse.  20 mins, four or five cars through at a time at 4 PM!

Oh and collected my e mails, read four pages of the Times and checked this and my work forums (whilst stationary, handbrake on on course)

Cheers

H  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2010 19:26:37(UTC)

Groups: Guest

oh so thats why Whaley Lane was really busy today too. What with that and the road to Chinley closed, Whaley and Furness are beginning to disappear in a haze of car fumes.

tyke  
#7 Posted : 06 February 2010 09:06:14(UTC)
tyke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Going that way should I take War & Peace?

RockBanker  
#8 Posted : 08 February 2010 13:13:13(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The lights were back to their old tricks again on Friday. Queues beyond the county boundary again.
Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Dora Gibson  
#9 Posted : 09 February 2010 21:32:47(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Frustating as it all is, don't you think there is a message here? Life is spent rushing around in a constant state of neurosis. A couple of you lovely folk have looked on the positive side of being able to listen to a full cd of your favourite music. So the lesson is, we need to chill out and not get so frustrated by rushing round like lunatics. On the other side, let's get rid of traffic lights and bring back those policemen on pedestals with white arm-bands who directed the traffic accordingly. So let's hear it for the bobby on the beat.  Instead of a bobby beating up a law-abiding-citizen, we could get him directing traffice instead -  what do you think, good people of Whaley Bridge/Horwich End?

Councillor Jon G, I know you kind of poo-pooed my idea of us pampering to the varyiing needs of the ever-growing length of traffic and meeting their requirements of fags, booze and a little-of-what-could-make-them-feel-good. However, I think that with enough health and safety warnings on our products, that should  someone drive off and spill red, hot coffee or ribena down themselves, we would/could not be held accountable. Where does parenting stop and someone of 20+ become accountable for their own actions/responsibility?

How about starting our own Y-Factor along the line of traffic?  We can bring along all the hopefuls and get them doing/strutting their stuff whilst handing out sheets with the various nominations.  TALK ABOUT A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE!  We HAVE to do something to help our land-locked car-drivers.

By-the-way, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR, from Gibson Junior and Dora

Edited by user 09 February 2010 22:02:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

frjamie@talktalk.net  
#10 Posted : 10 February 2010 02:36:31(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Happy New Year to you as well Dora,

Hope you are keeping well, and warm.

snoopy  
#11 Posted : 10 February 2010 07:36:59(UTC)
snoopy

Dora Gibson wrote:

So let's hear it for the bobby on the beat.  Instead of a bobby beating up a law-abiding-citizen, we could get him directing traffice instead -

Er what proof do you have of this act?

snoopy  
#12 Posted : 16 February 2010 07:32:21(UTC)
snoopy

That was a killer wasn't it. Or was it "not true"

Dora Gibson  
#13 Posted : 18 February 2010 21:02:36(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Oh Snoop Dog, surely you must read the papers if not only the S.. I have said this to you before, "Don't take life so seriously but take a chill pill or a pint of what you fancy!" You are very dear to us on the forum and I would hate for you to have high blood pressure, so please take it easy and lighten up a little. I personally find that a little Vodka, straight with no ice but a slice of organic lemon, sipped ever so slowly is just the business to bring one down to living within the special moment that we all possess.

A big, warm hug to you Snoops, Your pal, Dora Gibson

Edited by user 18 February 2010 21:12:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dora Gibson  
#14 Posted : 18 February 2010 21:10:17(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Dear frjamie,

Thank you for your kindness and indeed yes, I am keeping well and warm with my thermals plus the decanter of "The Special Recipe" by my side. These are restless times and those of us who are like-minded need to keep in touch and together in order to weather the storm of discontent.

Live long and prosper and enjoy.......................................... EVERYTHING. Your friend, Dora Gibson

Edited by user 18 February 2010 21:11:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

richard  
#15 Posted : 20 February 2010 01:14:28(UTC)
richard

Dear Dora,

Many thanks for your kind email.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but  my computer has had a mid life crisis this last week, and I have lost my details.

So I have had to have a new user name as my computer decided to go on strike, must be the wrong  type of snow !!!!!

Anyway you will see that I have put Richard instead of  frjamie,  as Richard is my middle name after my great Grandfather who was a farmer.

Anyway hope your well Dora,  and if you are free on June 5th at 3.30pm then you are most welcome to come to the Hall as I am putting on a Brass Band, as I do every year, and this will process through the village at  4.30pm.

R S S hope your okay, and still looking forward to your visit, and do bring some pictures over,  I have just got one today taken in 1911.

Enjoy the weekend

Fr Jamie R

Dora Gibson  
#16 Posted : 23 February 2010 22:38:04(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Dear Richard,

My beloved brother was called Richard and went to do good works abroad somewhere and we......................... never heard from him again. We never had the money (or my parents the intelligence) to pursue matters further, so I don't where he ended up or what happened. I did get in touch with the Salvation Army but to no avail - such is the sad fact of life.

As for a mid-life crisis, I think my hamster Eugene is having something along these lines. He does the most unrealistic things in his cage and I am sure he is trying to EAT HIMSELF! If I didn't know better, from the weird things I witness on tv, I would think that someone is slipping him some strange narcotics as his eyes can bulge and he looks like he could BURST THROUGH THE BARS OF HIS CAGE. Please don't think these are the rantings of an old lady as I think after all my 81 years of life, I would know what appears normal or what appears totally obsurd. But if you or anyone else might throw light on these strange events and why, I would be truly grateful because I wonder if it could be his diet and he does love Diet Coke!!!!!

As for the 5th of June, I will be more than happy to come and meet your goodself. The only fly in the ointment might be if Gibson Gibson is playing some strange gig away in which case, I usually attend even though the music does the most awful things to my ears. So many thanks for your invitation and if I can make it to your hoe-down, I will be sure to introduce myself.

Thank you for your kindness,

Your friend,

Dora Gibson

Edited by user 23 February 2010 22:40:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

richard  
#17 Posted : 24 February 2010 18:49:52(UTC)
richard

My dear Dora,

Hope you are well, and so good to hear from you.

I trust that you have managed to keep warm during this cold season.

I am not sure what  the matter is with Eugene,  perhaps its because Mr Blair's sons had the same name, and makes him do funny things.

I hope you can make it for Corpus Christi, lots of food and goodies including     -                     Old fashioned Beer !!!!!

I do hope George has not heard me, as his vehicle will be all over the place !!!!!!

We will be having the good old Whaley Bridge Brass Band Playing,  and  a very important VIP.

No  not Lord Cornflake, but someone much higher !!!!! ( Does R S S  know who  I mean )

Anyway do look forward to seeing you and for anyone who would like to come to Corpus Christi it is on June 5th at 3.30pm.

I do try to arrange good weather for Corpus Christi, so lets see what happenns.

Yours as ever

Fr Jamie  ( Richard is my middle name)

Whaley Hall

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#18 Posted : 24 February 2010 19:03:16(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

A very interesting post as always Jamie,

Don’t bother asking if I have managed to keep warm over the winter.

You say someone much higher than Lord Cornflake? I dare not venture a guess.

You surely don’t mean ……

No I didn’t think so.

The only people that you might consider higher than our own Lord Cornflake and who used to visit the Hall were Harry Secombe and Bruce Forsythe.

Well I’m pretty sure Harry won’t be there on the day but maybe we will be having a Brucie Bonus.

R. S-S

By the way I have a nice photo of the Hall for you Jamie.
G. Jackson  
#19 Posted : 24 February 2010 22:59:32(UTC)
G. Jackson

Has Fr. Jamie been at the Communion wine or what? He replied to Dora saying her pet Eugene had the same name as The Right Honourable Tony Blair's son. Did he mean Leo (the latest conceived at the White House) or the oldest Euan ( a proven drunk and rebel rouser). He also has a couple more children,Nicky and Kathryn. I  checked these facts from the card I got from the Blairs last Christmas.

Edited by user 05 March 2010 13:15:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

richard  
#20 Posted : 25 February 2010 00:39:25(UTC)
richard

Good Evening to you R S S , and Mr Jackson,

Or should I say good morning, yes its 00.31 as I write to you, just checking my emails before I retire.  well indeed I should off asked after your good selves, please except my apologies !!!!

I trust you are both well, and have managed to get out and about.

I am looking forward to your latest picture R S S,  and  hope that you will come and show me the one you put on here the other week.

Hope you can both make Corpus Christi, if only to hear the Brass Band,  and a chance to tast my famous Sherry Triffle.

I once made one for a church fete, it was an organ recital, and put lots of sherry in it, the old dears were nodding off !!!!!

I can tell you they ate it all !!!!!

Anyway look forward to hearing from you soon.

As always

Ta Ta for now

Jamie

Fr Jamie

Whaley Hall