logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WeatherWatcher  
#61 Posted : 13 January 2010 02:05:48(UTC)
WeatherWatcher

Groups: Member

Its a sad state of affairs when the councils all across the land say they havent got the grit to de-ice the pavements, yet have sufficient enough to spread across entire football parking lots for a weekend fixture, to grit places that are already clear of snow, or to answer to "public" shout-outs.

I have to sadly report the death of one elderly lady who died only yesterday in hospital after the result of a fall in Chapel-en-le-Frith, just minutes after leaving her place of residence. We should all be looking out for those less fortunate both young and old during the winter months, not JUST when its extreme weather but anytime people are put under strain.

CllrJonG  
#62 Posted : 13 January 2010 23:50:38(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Fedup,

Just to let you know. I raised the issue of gritting and grit bins in the park with the people at HPBC involved in  pursuing the Heritage Lottery fund bid. I thought that this might be a way to achieve it, with the park attendant  being the person who would spread the grit when required to keep the park moving.  It seems like the sort of job which could fall under the remit of such a person, and the current plan is that he/she would be based in he Pavillion. The suggestion has been added to the list of considerations in putting together the bid, and was not rejected out of hand.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
G. Jackson  
#63 Posted : 14 January 2010 15:53:28(UTC)
G. Jackson

I am surprised that the moderator has deleted my last post because I used the name of a female dog in a joke when the photo in " One man and his dog" topic was allowed to stay. Please get your act together.

Fedup  
#64 Posted : 14 January 2010 19:40:20(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

CllrJonG wrote:

Fedup,

Just to let you know. I raised the issue of gritting and grit bins in the park with the people at HPBC involved in  pursuing the Heritage Lottery fund bid. I thought that this might be a way to achieve it, with the park attendant  being the person who would spread the grit when required to keep the park moving.  It seems like the sort of job which could fall under the remit of such a person, and the current plan is that he/she would be based in he Pavillion. The suggestion has been added to the list of considerations in putting together the bid, and was not rejected out of hand.

Cheers

Jon.

We very rarely see eye to eye CllrJon, but in this case I am happy to say "Thank You" - and mean it!

As a regular (2/3 times daily ) walker in the Park, as well as being a great lover of the Park, I would be delighted to see it accessible to everyone during all the seasons.

Dora Gibson  
#65 Posted : 15 January 2010 21:48:52(UTC)
Dora Gibson

All hail Cllr Jon, I agree absolutely Fedup! It's wonderful that we are all of the same ilk. Yours, Dora Gibson and Gibson too.