logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#81 Posted : 26 June 2010 10:58:26(UTC)

Groups: Guest

There is of course the Full Monty Picture????

umtali attached the following image(s):
zrocky.jpg
zporta.jpg
zmakeover2.jpg
zgladiators.jpg
zeasyrider.jpg
zcllrjonG.jpg
Norm  
#82 Posted : 26 June 2010 14:48:08(UTC)
Norm

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

G. Jackson wrote:

The amazing thing is that I met an old friend who is a member of the WB 11. I asked him if he liked his photo on the forum ( I had not better say what he was dressed as in the photo to give him some privacy). He replied that he didn't even know about the forum! If the other 9 , excluding Jon, are as well informed, this could be the reason for no responses on here.

Is this 100% true Glenda, because I know you.

A member of the WB11 does not know about a forum on this website?  Sorry if I seem a bit sceptical.

G. Jackson  
#83 Posted : 26 June 2010 15:41:39(UTC)
G. Jackson

Norma my dear, would I make something like that up?

Norm  
#84 Posted : 26 June 2010 15:45:46(UTC)
Norm

Man

Yes pet

umtali  
#85 Posted : 26 June 2010 19:03:58(UTC)

Exclusive Scoop – Meet the bridesmaids.
bride.jpg
umtali  
#86 Posted : 26 June 2010 19:18:56(UTC)

Is the page boy back yet?

pageboy.jpg
Horwich Ender  
#87 Posted : 27 June 2010 19:56:49(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good evening Jacko and Well Known Norm.

I'm with Well Known Norm on this one. There is no way one of the Whaley Eleven does not know of the existence of this forum.

We all know that for some unknown reason the Whaley Eleven decline to contribute but I'm told they are all aware of the existence of this forum although some would prefer that it didn't exist.

I can only assume that Jacko or the member of the Whaley Eleven he spoke to at Whaley Water Weekend is not telling the whole truth.

Well Known Norm, as you say you know G Jackson, perhaps you could tell us if he/she is male or female as he/she has stated that he/she is both male and female in previous postings.

Norm  
#88 Posted : 27 June 2010 21:35:13(UTC)
Norm

Man

OK I will come clean (so to speak)

He is definately male, or he has been living a very good lie for many, many years, and even convinced his wife.

It all started because I called him Glenda, after a certain well known actress. That is all I can say on the matter because certain people do like to keep an air of mystery about themselves on this forum. Whereas everybody knows me  

Edited by user 28 June 2010 06:48:56(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

umtali  
#89 Posted : 28 June 2010 07:46:16(UTC)

Horwich Ender wrote:

Well Known Norm, as you say you know G Jackson, perhaps you could tell us if he/she is male or female as he/she has stated that he/she is both male and female in previous postings.

Not an easy task,

glenda.jpg
G. Jackson  
#90 Posted : 28 June 2010 12:16:21(UTC)
G. Jackson

100% (ish) male. I still maintain the member of the W.B. 11 did not know about the forum at the time of the W.W.W. Neither he or I would lie.

Edited by user 28 June 2010 12:17:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Norm  
#91 Posted : 28 June 2010 17:39:01(UTC)
Norm

Man

All right my nearly 100% friend.

I think we may have to believe you, maybe we should have a poll at the next meeting of the WB11 and see who has heard of this site.

Norm

Horwich Ender  
#92 Posted : 28 June 2010 18:47:29(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Many thanks for your response Well Known Norm.

It would appear you are willing to believe Jacko but I still have my doubts.

I think your suggestion that the Whaley Eleven should have a poll at their next meeting to see who admits to knowing about this forum is an excellent idea.

Perhaps CllrJonG could facilitate this and report his findings back to forum members in due course.

Would this be possible CllrJonG?

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#93 Posted : 04 July 2010 10:42:56(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good afternoon Horwich Ender,

As you know I have been away but what I have just read on this thread is truly astounding.

It would appear that Jacko has a friend who is on the JGTC and is certainly a member of the Whaley Eleven and yet he had no idea of the existence of this forum.

On the face of it and from what I know Jacko is truthful but that being the case it seems certain that either a: the member of The Whaley Eleven was lying to Jacko or b: the entire Council is made up of members so stupid it beggars belief.

A few points need to be addressed bearing in mind this forum is specifically about Whaley Bridge and The Council is there to represent Whaley Bridge. The two things are a bit like peas in a pod or hand in glove; whatever the expression is - well you know what I mean.
It’s a bit like for instance, say you worked at Ferodo and that factory had a magazine all about the place and it was updated almost daily yet after months of loads of people writing about you you had no idea of the magazines existence. Balderdash. Now there’s a word for you.

So here are those points:

1: Does our single representative, JonG, go to these Council meetings and never mention the forum?

I personally find that impossible to believe.

2: I have emailed The Clerk to the Council on several matters and have mentioned the forum. I am sure as I can be that one email was copied and given to each Councillor.

Do they read them? I have no idea but it does get us back to this very topic “Can your Councillor read and write?”

3: There has been a wealth of history disclosed on the forum. Has no one spoken to any of The Whaley Eleven about these things?

Possibly No. Probably Yes.

4: Very serious local issues have been brought up on the forum. We know that Jon takes what we all say very seriously and acts on our behalf. So what of the others?

So whether they can read or write it would appear that they do not care.

5: If Jacko is correct and I believe he is; then these people simply do not converse with each other at all. Well let’s examine the evidence.

Quite some time ago one of The Whaley Eleven who apparently has no internet access was ‘accused’ on the forum of turning the Goyt Valley into a scrap yard. It quickly caused a lot of discussion and the scrap yard was removed very quickly before any more embarrassment was felt by that Councillor or indeed any action was taken against him.
The clearing up was, I am certain, as a result of the reports on this forum.

So, yes, they do read it or are at least told about it. Extracts of it even appear on pub walls where they drink from time to time.

Obviously there is a ratio of 11 to 1. Do you buy that? No me neither. They know what’s on here make no mistake.

Therefore, in conclusion the question to be answered: ‘Can your Councillor read and write’?
The answer is probably “yes”.
If the topic header had been: ‘Does you Councillor care’?
The answer would most probably be “no”.

R. S-S

HE I’m expecting a bit of a hard hit from the police about this post. Maybe I should have concentrated on Fernilee Reservoir first.

Horwich Ender  
#94 Posted : 04 July 2010 16:11:34(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good afternoon R. S-S

I must admit that when I read your post I initially thought you were still suffering from the effects of sunstroke as your contribution was timed at 10:42 and you start with “Good afternoon”! However, on reading the subsequent remarks it is evident that you have fully recovered from the effects of the overseas sun as the comments are back to your articulate, entertaining and informative best.

You have obviously not adjusted your watch to British Summer Time and I would suggest that you do this immediately to avoid future confusion.

I too am also struggling to accept that a member of The Whaley Eleven is unaware of the existence of this forum. Jacko is still maintaining that his old friend on the JGTC told him he did not know about the forum. Well Known Norm has come out and stated he believes Jacko, and as R S-S, you have previously said you know Well Known Norm personally, and have stated he is a man of undoubted integrity, I'm not sure what to think.

Jacko stated his old friend on The Whaley Eleven was male and has had a picture placed on this forum of him dressed up. We can therefore rule out Cllr Linda Leather, Cllr Anne Winter, Cllr Susanne Lomas and Cllr Jean Horsfall-Brunt on the grounds they are female.

We can also rule out Cllr Ron Bowden, and Cllr Andrew Wild as they have not been pictured dressed up on this forum.

This leaves us with Cllrs Goldfinch, Swift, Lomax, Pritchard, Taylor and Ray Wild.

So assuming Jacko is telling the truth, which one of these councillors would tell him they don't know of the existence of this forum?

CllrJonG and JohnP have contributed to this forum so we can rule them out.

Cllr John Swift is fully aware of this forum as evidenced by the removal of the scrap yard he used to keep in the Goyt Valley.

Cllr Barrie Taylor has been pictured naked apart from his socks and shoes. Does this amount to being dressed up? Possibly?

From my investigations Jacko's old friend can only be Cllr David Lomax, Cllr Barrie Taylor or Cllr Ray Wild.

So who is the local councillor who is a stranger to the truth or is so stupid it beggars belief?

Is it Cllr David Lomax the former prospective Lib Dem M P for Tatton?

Could it be Cllr Barrie Taylor Derbyshire County Councillor?

Or is it Cllr Ray Wild the quiet man from Furness Vale?

During your absence R. S-S, Well Known Norm suggested we should have a poll at the next meeting of the JGTC to see which councillors have heard of the forum. I have asked CllrJonG if this is possible but unusually he has not responded.

As previously stated by many other members, this forum is a major asset to Whaley Bridge and I am still struggling to understand why only one member of the Town Council can appreciate this fact.

Finally R. S-S, I do note your comments regarding the potential action from the Forum Police. However, before you are frogmarched to The Pleasure Ground please would you be kind enough to publish the old photo's of Horwich End which you previously promised you would do. I fully understand the reasons for not publishing them until now, but hopefully it is now safe to reveal Horwich End's very own skyscraper. I think I know where the “skyscraper” was but I'm looking forward to having this confirmed.

Norm  
#95 Posted : 04 July 2010 16:38:49(UTC)
Norm

Man

Hi

I think R.S-S must have been working a fair distance away due to the fact he is so "jet lagged", but I agree he is improving and slowly getting back to form.

I decided to believe Glenda because he seemed to be annoyed to think he, or the 1 of 11, would lie. I do agree with you, H E, that it is hard to believe and I am sorry Glenda I will always have a "little" doubt. So I hope that makes it a bit clearer H E.

I think Cllr JonG must either be on holiday or his computer has fell out with him. I presume holiday, even he has to take one and I think he deserves one (slightly more than the other 10).

I have to admit I am envious of this site and is a great asset to Whaley, and that is why being a "foreigner" I have tried to help. For some reason there is no such site in New Mills. As I have stated before New Mills is like Jurassic Park. Dinosaurs surrounded by technology.

Yes R.S-S I think you should put the pictures on the site, before you are lost to us. And welcome back by the way.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#96 Posted : 04 July 2010 17:45:11(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello once again,

I am almost overcome by the kind words from HE and Well Known Norm and I have paid neither of them a single penny.

For both of you my apologies for the incorrect opening greeting but I had been up from such an early hour that it really did feel like the afternoon.

My congratulations to you HE on the Sherlock style deductions of the identity of Jacko’s mate; absolutely brilliant.

And now we are down to just three and I know none of them personally but I would imagine our man Lomax back from his loan spell in Tatton is not Jacko’s mate. He would surely have internet access and whilst busy googling his name to see if he was an MP he may well have been directed to this forum so I think he can be eliminated.
Similarly Barrie Taylor has smartened his act up a bit from the days when he was a humble plasterer in Dusseldorf. Surely he would know of the forum if only to see if any patching jobs came up around town. No I think he can also be ruled out.

I did once start a topic called ‘The Wild Men of Furness’ aimed at getting a response from either Andrew or Raymond but, of course, you know the results; there weren’t any.
So as HE has ruled out good old Andrew in his investigations my money is on The Furness Ray.

I am afraid we shall have to await further developments. And I rather suspect it will be a longish wait if past history is anything to go by. But you never know The Furness Ray may shine on this forum any time now.

By the way HE I have been barricaded in all afternoon awaiting Jon and his SWAT team but so far there is no sign of them.
One of the dangers of a visit to the Pleasure Ground, apart from the obvious, is the constant threat of a wasp sting but since having my own little wasp’s nest for company over the past couple of days I feel a sense of togetherness with the little creatures and the threat of a sting in a delicate place, it is shorts weather, is no longer a worry to me.

So I may just have enough time left to leave you with an aerial photo of Horwich End in possibly the 40’s or 50’s as requested by HE.

The one thing that stands out is our very own Empire State Building, the skyscraper, and for people who have not seen it before it is not an ivory tower with eleven floors for you know what but it is a gas tower. It was blown up in the early 60’s I think from memory. And depending upon your point of view thankfully there was no one inside.

It wasn’t a building of any great merit but it was big and it was Horwich End’s. Anyway it’s probably as well out of the way in these troubled times it might just have come to the notice of Al Qaeda.

I’ve got some other stuff on Horwich End, HE, and I’ll keep putting bits on over the next few weeks. Rifle Range target permitting, of course.

R. S-S

Horwich Ender  
#97 Posted : 04 July 2010 21:34:23(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good evening R. S-S

I'm delighted you are still with us and CllrJonG did not pay you a visit with his shotgun. Do not let your guard down just yet. It is possible CllrJonG is away, probably on one of his trips to see how many defenceless creatures he can kill. You are as aware as I am that CllrJonG reads every posting on this forum and as soon as he reads your invitation to get his gun out he will be up your garden path quicker than you can say “ show me the wasps.” He doesn't need asking twice to get his double barrel blaster out.

With reference to the member of The Whaley Eleven who has stated he is not aware of this forum. I see your money is on Cllr Ray Wild. If I was a betting person (and assuming Jacko is telling the truth, which I note Well Known Norm is now not totally convinced of) my money would also be on Furness Ray. I hope this matter can be concluded when CllrJonG conducts the poll at the next meeting of the JGTC.

Another option would be to ask your mate, Well Known Norm, to ask his mate, Jacko, to tell him who his mate on the JGTC is. Jacko could then tell Well Known Norm, who could then tell you, and you could share the answer with the rest of us. If this is not possible we will just have to wait until CllrJonG returns.

Many thanks for publishing the picture of old Horwich End. I was correct with my thoughts on the location of our skyscraper but it was great to see the aerial photo of Horwich End in the 1940/50's.

I hope Well Known Norm will continue his excellent work and put this picture in the photo section of the Local History Website. I look forward to seeing more of your Horwich End photographs over the coming weeks, assuming you are still with us.

Fedup  
#98 Posted : 05 July 2010 21:30:02(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Well, Good Evening to all of you.

I have read the last few posts on this topic with interest. However, I just have to say that really and truly does it matter if any of the Councillors know about this Forum or not? What is important is the question do they actually care about Whaley Bridge and its residents.

I'm afraid that I believe the answer to that is "No".

I think HE was looking for an Agenda for the next Council Meeting with little success. I say again, our Council really does not want the residents of Whaley Bridge to know what they will be discussing at their Meeting. They do not care. They consider themselves to be big fish, but conveniently forget that the pond is very small.

However, it is, to a certain extent, our fault. If more people applied when there was a vacancy, there would have to be an election. One by one we could rid ourselves of these inactive and inarticulate Councillors..........but who wants to be a Councillor?

May I also welcome back my old friend R.S-S. Good to hear from you again.

Edited by user 05 July 2010 21:30:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

probono  
#99 Posted : 06 July 2010 09:00:20(UTC)
probono

Norm wrote:

Hi

I have to admit I am envious of this site and is a great asset to Whaley, and that is why being a "foreigner" I have tried to help. For some reason there is no such site in New Mills. As I have stated before New Mills is like Jurassic Park. Dinosaurs surrounded by technology.

At the last New Mills town meeting where the town clerk and several councillors walked out the chairman Councillor Hawley was asked about

having a forum..He sais he could not see a problem and to put the suggestion  to the town clerk. Obviousl as the clerk had walked out the meeting was not minuted..Details of the meeting can be seen here..

http://highpeaktransparency.blogspot.com/

barrwalk  
#100 Posted : 07 July 2010 12:11:31(UTC)
barrwalk

Man

I'm still waiting for a statement from Whaley Bridge Town Council about the loss of the Transhipment Warehouse and the Whaley Wharf as a community/multi purpose centre BUT I think it will be a long time coming.

The Buxton Advertiser carried an article on 17th.June in which both Linda Leather and David Lomax expressed regret at the loss of the new bridge AND there was no mention of the loss of what we all want  - a community centre i.e. The Transhipment Warehouse Project funding. They don't seem to care! 

We were oh so near, two years ago (East Midlands Development Agency funding) and are now we are a liftetime away. Nobody reading this will ever see it built  I regret.

Why on earth did 'they' (the     11) add it to the Bingswood new Goyt bridge. Their 'greed' means we have lost everything and it must, by now, have cost, in total, well over £100k for four consultations, the first  going back a generation. The last consukltation cost £50k and was not finished, and we have NOTHING to show for it. Then there is all the officers time High Peak spent on the second bridge project. That would add up to thousands I expect. It is our money they are spending so easily with no results.

Would it have been been best for the Olympic Bid Committee to have lumped their 2012 bid with the Football World Cup 2018 bid?

I DON'T THINK SO! Nor did the Olympic Bid Committee!

Shame!                   Shame!                     Shame!