logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RockBanker  
#321 Posted : 01 September 2011 07:25:14(UTC)
RockBanker

Groups: Member
Man
Location: &quot;In a primitive area and on a steep hill&quot;

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Just look a little harder
Oh the mystery is not profound
Despite the Moiré patterns with which
R-SS's scanner made the scene abound.
Empty now and sad
Last orders have been called
Last sounding of the chimes.
All hope is has not been lost
Restoration did begin
Maybe to start again
Sometime in better times.

Edited by user 01 September 2011 09:08:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy  
#322 Posted : 01 September 2011 07:48:22(UTC)
snoopy

Rockbanker all I can say to you is  .. 

RockBanker  
#323 Posted : 01 September 2011 09:40:55(UTC)
RockBanker

Man
Location: &quot;In a primitive area and on a steep hill&quot;

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are too kind Snoopy.
Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
buggyite  
#324 Posted : 01 September 2011 12:25:19(UTC)
buggyite

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

RockBanker,

That is a brilliant post, well done!

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#325 Posted : 01 September 2011 16:38:55(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Well it looks like it worked (nearly).

But why is the photo so big?

R. S-S
Norm  
#326 Posted : 01 September 2011 17:16:22(UTC)
Norm

Man

R. Stephenson-Smythe wrote:

Well it looks like it worked (nearly).

But why is the photo so big?

R. S-S

Because it is. It's 1551 by 1195, which is large. Here it is smaller, you can delete it now.

Norm

Norm attached the following image(s):
tony.jpg
Lady Madonna  
#327 Posted : 02 September 2011 01:17:11(UTC)
Lady Madonna

Hi Norm, Gnatalee, R S-S, Shallcross,
I must apologise, having just re-read my post & looking at the picture which is now the right way round, I should have put that the cottages should have been on the left & not the right as they could not have been Holly Bank & Hawthorn Terrace. I think I had probably partaken of the Water that had been turned into Wine!!
What a coincidence Mrs.Curious although I was born at Stepping Hill Hospital I too lived in one of the Cottages later demolished. The large detached property to which the previous thread refered was lived in by the Evans family who moved to Elnor Lane, Mrs Evans died in tragic circumstances near Shukers farm quite a few years ago. In the cottage that was no.32 lived Elsie Hill, Joseph & Harold? they moved to Shallcross Rd when the cottages were being demolished. The cottages were demolished in **** ( not to disclose a certain lady's age).
I also can't tell where the Yate's pub is but I agree that it is indeed a strange horse!
Lady M.
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#328 Posted : 02 September 2011 08:44:29(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Good morning My Lady,

Well good morning if you have yet to retire or good evening if you have just woken up.

Once again you were rather busy during the early hours and I am now starting to worry more than ever about your late night drinking problem.
Even more so when a self confessed, hardened drinker can not recognise a pub they have been familiar with for **** years (not to disclose another certain lady’s age).

You suggest it to be a coincidence that you were born at Stepping Hill and yet you also lived in one of the Cottages that Mrs Curious recently mentioned as her place of birth.
Coincidence? Maybe to some perhaps, not to me.

I have found a map of Horwich End showing the two cottages and, even though I am having problems with photos at the moment, I will attempt to put a copy on here for both you good ladies.

I am still searching for an old photo of the Conservative Club which would show the cottages and who knows there may be a shadowy figure on the grainy image in the window that could even be a contributor to this forum.

We shall wait and see, M’Lady.

R. S-S

Horwich Ender  
#329 Posted : 03 September 2011 10:13:41(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good morning My Lady.

As a fellow resident of Horwich End I think you have also fallen for the curve ball launched by R. S-S.

With reference to the photo of the pub in post #316 I did initially think it was of the Jodrell Arms but as R. S-S had previously stated “ The pub I referred to is still standing and is situated in, of all places, Horwich End you will be pleased to know” I ruled the Jodrell out on the basis that it's not in Horwich End.

On more than one occasion R. S-S has implied you have a serious late night drinking problem. As far as I know there is only one member of this great forum who has a late night drink problem and that is, of course, Chairman Jon The Whaley One.

It would appear R. S-S is causing Well Known Norm no end of problems with his vanishing and oversized photo's and now he's posting photo's of pubs in Whaley after stating they are in Horwich End!

I wonder whether R. S-S has been sampling too much of that strong green stuff he drinks in the Sheps.

I will be monitoring the future posts of R. S-S for evidence they are from a man who has had one to many, and if there's as much of a hint of a poem it will require an immediate phone call to the Betty Ford Centre.

Edited by user 03 September 2011 10:16:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lady Madonna  
#330 Posted : 04 September 2011 01:13:49(UTC)
Lady Madonna

Hi All,
Would anyone know what has happened to the picture of 28 Chapel Road, The Conservative Club & the subseqent posting from Mrs. Curious?

Regarding the concerns over my late night drinking habits, his Lordship is now deeply worried but feels that a woman of my social status should go to the Priory not the Betty Ford clinic.
He has saddled up the horse with many legs outside what I now think is the original 'Yates Wine Lodge' and plans to whisk me off there asap, it would seem however to be full of my neighbours!! Until a place becomes available I shall fool the staff and partake of a 'Cheeky Vimto' instead.
Lady M.
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#331 Posted : 04 September 2011 12:44:33(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Now then HE,

I am trying something new with the help of WKN.
I am attempting to put a photo on using Flickr, I know this works.
That is stage 1.
Stage 2 I ring WKN and he captures the image and puts it on underneath.
Stage 3 I delete mine from Flickr and then nothing is lost.

Lovely Jubbly

Edited by user 04 September 2011 12:54:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Norm  
#332 Posted : 04 September 2011 12:45:36(UTC)
Norm

Man

6093456906_8619b3162e_z.jpg
Norm  
#333 Posted : 04 September 2011 15:23:41(UTC)
Norm

Man

You know I didn't realise the Jodrell leant so much, a bit like that tower that gave it's name to a type of food. No wonder it's closed, the Jodrell that is, mind you the other may be closed not been there in the last couple of weeks.

Or I suppose you may not scanned it straight. I could straighten it but a bit may be lost. Come on R.S-S I am sure you could do better.

Norm

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#334 Posted : 04 September 2011 17:05:23(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

No.

Sorry that’s my best shot.

R. S-S
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#335 Posted : 04 September 2011 17:35:10(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Nearly up to 26,000 HE,

Not long to the magical 30,000.

Best get you best bib and tucker out in readiness for the presentation.

By the way did you manage, by any chance, to recognise the pub that was posted earlier today via a joint venture from me and WKN?

To help you out a little it is in Whaley; it is surrounded by barriers; it has been closed for about 5 years and it is situated on the Station Approach sometimes known as the Jodrell Approach.

R. S-S
Norm  
#336 Posted : 04 September 2011 17:56:48(UTC)
Norm

Man

I am sure HE remembers a more vertical establishment.

Norm

6093456906_8619b3162e_z.jpg
Horwich Ender  
#337 Posted : 04 September 2011 18:49:47(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good evening R. S-S

Success!!!!!!!!!!

Your new photo posting system works and hopefully you will be able to continue to post your magnificent photographs on this forum without them vanishing.

What a whizzkid Well Known Norm is.

Would I be correct in saying the pub in your post #332 has nothing at all to do with Horwich End but is, in fact, the Jodrell Arms, Market Street, Whaley Bridge?

P S

Well Known Norm, there have been suggestions that as well as Chairman Jon The Whaley One and Lady Madonna, R. S-S also has a drink problem. I have taken it upon myself to monitor the postings of R. S-S to find any evidence of posts made whilst under the influence.

You have already highlighted the fact that the scanning of the Jodrell photo is not exactly straight which could indicate the work of someone who has had more than his fair share of the falling down water.

I am aware of your friendship with R. S-S and would welcome your comments on the recent allegations that R. S-S does, on occasions, tend to have one bottle more than he should do.

Norm  
#338 Posted : 04 September 2011 19:30:53(UTC)
Norm

Man

H.E. yes hopefully we have a system that R.S-S can follow now. When he tried to post a photo straight onto the site it was much too large and with his knowledge of computers/software there is no way I could teach him to resize them. It seems that Flickr does the resizing auotmatically, so I can get them and post them here before they get deleted. It is not ideal but when you are dealing with intoxicated historians it is the best method.

Which leads me nicely on to your next point. I am sorry to say that he does have a drink problem. He has been known to visit pubs in Whaley and can often be seen slumped around the place after closing hours. He has been sober for a few days now but as you can see by his scanning with the leaning Jodrell it looks like he may have a hit the bottle or two. But all is OK really and he constantly reassures me that modern airplanes practically fly themselves now anyway.

Norm

Lady Madonna  
#339 Posted : 05 September 2011 02:51:01(UTC)
Lady Madonna

Hi All,
Ben Franklin said " in Wine there is wisdom, in Beer there is freedom & in Water there is bacteria".
I say who would want Water!!
Lady M.
Ps is it possible to get the picture back of The Conservative Club?
snoopy  
#340 Posted : 05 September 2011 07:54:22(UTC)
snoopy

Lady Madonna wrote:
Hi All,
Would anyone know what has happened to the picture of 28 Chapel Road, The Conservative Club & the subseqent posting from Mrs. Curious?

This does concern me. As you are probably aware Lady M, I am putting on other posts regarding the lack of a mod, and now you seem to be saying posts are being removed. I did not see the posts you are enquiring about, or if I did I do not remember them. I hope they were removed by the people who posted them and not a mod or a system fault.

Who posted the photo and what does Mrs. Curious think about this?